Questions re XM Direct and CD Changer Install
I have a 2003 330I w/ pp and cwp and w/o nav. I have a few questions regarding XM Direct:
1) where is the best (read: cheapest) place to get it? I live in North Virginia but I am not opposed to ordering it over the internet.
2) does the kit include everything I need to install it?
3) I have never done any modifications to a car. How difficult will it be to install myself?
4) I read that some people mount the antenna on the rear passenger deck. I assume that is inside the car behind the rear headrest. Is that right? I would prefer to have it inside the car but am concerned about reception issues.
5) I also read that the XM Direct allows pass through for a cd changer. I am contemplating adding one while I am installing the XM. I found on Crutchfield the following Alpine changer w/ mp3: Apine CHA-S634- for $300- Is there a better price out there? If I install the XM, do I still need these two adaptors: Alpine KCA-130B
Female Ai-Net to Male M-Bus Adapter and Blitzsafe BMWDMX1 OEM CD Changer Adapter
that Crutchfield recommends?
Thanks in advance for all your help.