Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F31 320d MPPK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceptak0n View Post
That's what I found as well. I changed that and it worked for both left and right LEDs

Ok, thanks
So standard is level 1?

Halsifer, thank you for the cheat sheet, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makky View Post
Ok, thanks
So standard is level 1?

Halsifer, thank you for the cheat sheet, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes...
Old 02-10-2015, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makky View Post
sorry if this has been covered earlier.

Trying to adjust the angel LED brightness.
I can't find the line: MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 or MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 as descibed in your cheat list.

I only see what is shown on the attached picture (same for both V_L and V_R).
I still see it as 'MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1' in my vehicle. Must have had a name update. I'll change it in the next update. Thanks!

2014 BMW 335i xDrive Alpine White ---- M-Sport/Premium/Cold Weather/Technology/HK/Driver Assist+/Active High Beam/8AT Sport
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Old 03-15-2015, 12:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 e92 335l
Does anybody know whether HU_NBT 3003 TELEF CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECONGNITION works with Google search, aka Google Now, for Android devices as well as Siri? I'm planning to try it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
However, REM/PMA will be left as is, since the number on the module name will not matter, only indicating newer modules. Just like there is a KAFAS/KAFAS2/KAFAS3, it would be unnecessary to distinguish the numbers since they are all still KAFAS and will likely have the same Function unless otherwise specified.
Finally! I'm a coding newb and was going nuts trying to figure out if the FLA3 module was the same as the FLA module, so I can VO code it and enable Active High Beam Assistant. Now that Halsifer has cleared up the number issue, I'll do it tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 435i & 2015 328i
Dimming Side View Mirrors

Hey folks,

Has anyone figured out the Dimming Side View Mirrors coding for F32 yet?

I look at the coding for X5 and I found these values under section 3130, Module BDC_BODY:

CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN Current (driver)
Default Value: werte=20 New Value: werte=39

&

CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN (passenger) Default Value: werte=20 New Value: werte=39

I'll go ahead and try to find and change the values tomorrow once I get a chance and let ya'll know if this worked.

btw, thanks to opasha who was kind enough to teach me (Step by Step) coding!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 02:40 PM
I got my F80 :-)

Mein Auto: M3
Thank you
Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
So you can code speed limiter instead of fixed cruise control? Is it an instead of or do both work?

Edit: I should have googled before. Found the thread about this...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=669435

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also2015 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member

Last edited by thegandalf; 06-29-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 PM

Updated to v1.7 (07/01/2015 1:30AM CST): (Download in the original post as an attachment)
  • Added FA Code: Sport Auto Transmission - Enable SAT for quicker and smoother shifts.
  • Added Code: 'ICMKOD_B_SPORTINDIVIDUALISIERBAR' - Allows Macro_fds to function. Sport Mode Configuration.
  • Added Code: 'KOMFORT_OEFFNEN' - Delay before activating Comfort Opening
  • Added Code: 'C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low' - Change Active Blind Spot Activation Speed.
  • Added Code: 'NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW' - Enables 'Route Info' (Turn-By-Turn Directions)
  • Added Code: 'EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE' - Activates Easy Entry when entering the vehicle.
  • Added Code: 'MEMORY_GONG' - Enables chime when seat position successfully stored in memory
  • Added Codes: Active Sound Design Modification (Change to M3/M5/Disabled)
  • Added Codes/Section: Active Spoiler (F34 3-Series GT only)
  • Added Test Codes: 'REGEN_SCHLIESSEN' - Close Sunroof on Rain Detection
  • Changed Code: 'NAVI_FLIGHT' -> 'ROUTE_FLIGHT' (Updated Name)
  • Changed Description: Enhanced Bluetooth (Added difference between 6NK & 6NS)
  • Changed Description: 'Macro_fds' (Now working with all Head Units)
  • Changed Description: 'TFL_Modus' (Gave difference between Tfl_s and Drl_s)
  • Fixed Code: 'SL021_IBA_3' -> 'SL21_IBA_3'
  • Fixed Code: 'MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT' -> 'MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT'
  • Fixed Code: 'MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT' -> 'MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT'
  • Fixed Description: SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer & SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer (Was Reversed)
  • Moved Code: 'TFL_MODUS' to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Moved Code: 'Daydriving_light' to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Removed Code: 'ASD_SOUND_OFF' - Varied Results. Replaced with Active Sound Design Section.
  • Removed Code: 'KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA' - Unnecessary. Active in all CA cars by default.
  • Removed Code: 'RLS_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ' - Not found in F30, only F10.
  • Removed Code: 'MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_6_OUTPUT' - Unused.
  • Removed Code: 'MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_7_OUTPUT' - Unused.
  • Removed Code: 'Sportschalter' - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Removed Code: 'Sportschalter_alt' - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Verified Code: 'KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN' -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: 'KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD' -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: 'KOMFORT_SCHL_VORNE' -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: 'KOMFORT_SCHL_SHD' -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
All version changes are Bolded in the cheat sheet.
If anyone decides to test out the codes in the 'TO BE TESTED' section, and finds out if it works or not, please let me know!

2014 BMW 335i xDrive Alpine White ---- M-Sport/Premium/Cold Weather/Technology/HK/Driver Assist+/Active High Beam/8AT Sport
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]

Last edited by Halsifer; 07-01-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 12 Range Rover Evoque
I have an F33 (428iX convertible) and would like to code the following and would like help if anyone knows about the convertible codes:

1. Remove or increase distance limiter for remote keyfob to car (you can only open and close the roof when you're standing right next to the car which is rubbish)
2. Can I have the car honk the horn when I lock and unlock (since I don't have the alarm installed)
3. I've tried the cheat sheet for the codes to fold the mirrors up when the doors are locked and unfold when unlocked, but I don't see that happening. I have ComfortAccess
4. Can I change the speed limit for the roof to unfold/fold?
5. I saw codes to enable video file content playback, but I use a USB flash drive. Can I enable divx/mkv/etc video playback on the car (I coded the video in motion for my kids)?

Thanks to all your help. I'm a first-time owner of a 2 week old car and am loving all the customization that coding has brought.

Jesse
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenj View Post
I have an F33 (428iX convertible) and would like to code the following and would like help if anyone knows about the convertible codes:

1. Remove or increase distance limiter for remote keyfob to car (you can only open and close the roof when you're standing right next to the car which is rubbish)
2. Can I have the car honk the horn when I lock and unlock (since I don't have the alarm installed)
3. I've tried the cheat sheet for the codes to fold the mirrors up when the doors are locked and unfold when unlocked, but I don't see that happening. I have ComfortAccess
4. Can I change the speed limit for the roof to unfold/fold?
5. I saw codes to enable video file content playback, but I use a USB flash drive. Can I enable divx/mkv/etc video playback on the car (I coded the video in motion for my kids)?

Thanks to all your help. I'm a first-time owner of a 2 week old car and am loving all the customization that coding has brought.

Jesse
1. Not sure, fairly unlikely.

2. Nope. Not possible unfortunately.

3. Check KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB, KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB, ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN, and ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN to make sure they are set to aktiv. Then hold down the lock button to fold them. If you want them to close immediately on lock, change KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte value to 00.

4. Not sure, haven't seen that done before.

5. For Video in Motion, code Part 1-8 of the Video-in-Motion/speedlock codes. For USB video playback, set API_USB_VIDEO to both. Then set ENT_CODEC_XVID and ENT_CODEC_XVCD to aktiv. You should then be able to play divx encoded videos and mkv files through a USB stick.

2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Old 07-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Mein Auto: f30 xdrive
Easy Entry EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE Not Working

I was wondering if anyone else tried to code easy entry. I changed EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE -to-Modus_FA_SLV (Originally nicht_aktiv) under SM2 3000, but I don't notice a difference. I expected the car to seat to move back when shut off and back to driving position once started. Any info would be appreciated.

Also second question. I upgraded all my courtesy floor and puddle lights to led but they don't show when driving is there a way to enable this (Yes i have ambient lighting)?

Thanks in advance. And great job on the updated cheat sheet. Thanks for your hard work.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Interrogative.......

I have BMW Assist and Online but am not paying for the service ($200 per year). Would it be be beneficial to code in BMW Live Enabling and use my phone's internet??

Also, I coded in 2TB for Sport+ but can't find the other codes. When I slide the shifter over over to manual mode I get the "S" gear, but as soon as I change gears the display switches back to "M".....

2012 535i
Joshua 24:15; Phil 4:13

Last edited by ezaircon4jc; 07-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Interrogative.......

I have BMW Assist and Online but am not paying for the service ($200 per year). Would it be be beneficial to code in BMW Live Enabling and use my phone's internet??

Also, I coded in 2TB for Sport+ but can't find the other codes. When I slide the shifter over over to manual mode I get the "S" gear, but as soon as I change gears the display switches back to "M".....
Not sure about your BMW Assist question but as for coding 2TB. It sounds like it is working correctly. When Shifter not to the left displays D, When Shifted to the Left displays S & current gear, Once you manually shift up or down you are now in manual so you will see M & current gear. (This has nothing to do with sport or sport plus). However coding 2TB does give you quicker/stronger gear changes in Sport+ which you will notice if you drive aggressively.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illkinetics View Post
I was wondering if anyone else tried to code easy entry. I changed EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE -to-Modus_FA_SLV (Originally nicht_aktiv) under SM2 3000, but I don't notice a difference. I expected the car to seat to move back when shut off and back to driving position once started. Any info would be appreciated.

Also second question. I upgraded all my courtesy floor and puddle lights to led but they don't show when driving is there a way to enable this (Yes i have ambient lighting)?

Thanks in advance. And great job on the updated cheat sheet. Thanks for your hard work.
OK I got it to work.
First I went and coded these 2 values (Not sure if necessary but it was recommended)
SM2/3000/EASY_ENTRY -> aktiv
SM2/3000/EASY_ENTRY_TTB -> aktiv
Still didn't seem to be working. Then after getting a car wash it magically started working. Then stopped working once I adjusted seats. Did some research and changed these two other values
SM2 > 3012 EAH_SHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 65 to 00,3C (letting it move back much further)
&
SM2 > 3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 3C to 00, 28.
Now it seems to work all the time as i want. The values I changed are hex and can be anything that suits the driver. Hope this helps anyone else that gets stuck and you may want to add it to the next cheat sheet release.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
OK I got it to work.
First I went and coded these 2 values (Not sure if necessary but it was recommended)
SM2/3000/EASY_ENTRY -> aktiv
SM2/3000/EASY_ENTRY_TTB -> aktiv
Still didn't seem to be working. Then after getting a car wash it magically started working. Then stopped working once I adjusted seats. Did some research and changed these two other values
SM2 > 3012 EAH_SHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 65 to 00,3C (letting it move back much further)
&
SM2 > 3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 3C to 00, 28.
Now it seems to work all the time as i want. The values I changed are hex and can be anything that suits the driver. Hope this helps anyone else that gets stuck and you may want to add it to the next cheat sheet release.
Interesting. I'll make note of that in the next update. I'm not sure if you often have passengers in the back seat, but hopefully setting it further back won't be to short of leg space for them when you shut the car off!

2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i (F30)
Quote:
Not sure about your BMW Assist question but as for coding 2TB. It sounds like it is working correctly. When Shifter not to the left displays D, When Shifted to the Left displays S & current gear, Once you manually shift up or down you are now in manual so you will see M & current gear. (This has nothing to do with sport or sport plus). However coding 2TB does give you quicker/stronger gear changes in Sport+ which you will notice if you drive aggressively.
Hope this helps.
@IllKinetics,

Sounds great!

What module/ECU is this in? I looked over my F30's NCD files and can not find it

Thanks

2014 328i |Premium| Technology| Cold Weather| Harmon Kardon Stereo| Manual|
BMW CCA
Old 07-08-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnic View Post
@IllKinetics,

Sounds great!

What module/ECU is this in? I looked over my F30's NCD files and can not find it

Thanks

Its neither it is FA coding and VO Coding. If you haven't done either before be careful and definetly read this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...6&d=1338725691 . Also see below for the actual coding needed. (found on page 3 of the cheat sheet)

Activate Sport Automatic Transmission
Sport Automation Transmission (SAT) is a standalone option offered by BMW, with paddle shifters (though no required). This will enable to
have faster, and claimed smoother shiLs with you ZF8HP Transmission. This will also enable Sport+, if not already active.

MODIFY THE READ FA - Change 205 to 2TB from the vehicle FA.
VO CODE - EGS, ICM, and KOMBI.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Its neither it is FA coding and VO Coding. If you haven't done either before be careful and definetly read this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...6&d=1338725691 . Also see below for the actual coding needed. (found on page 3 of the cheat sheet)

Activate Sport Automatic Transmission
Sport Automation Transmission (SAT) is a standalone option offered by BMW, with paddle shifters (though no required). This will enable to
have faster, and claimed smoother shiLs with you ZF8HP Transmission. This will also enable Sport+, if not already active.

MODIFY THE READ FA - Change 205 to 2TB from the vehicle FA.
VO CODE - EGS, ICM, and KOMBI.
@IllKinetics,

Sorry for the confusion. I was not referring to the Sport Automatic Transmission, rather the Easy access -- your 1:35 pm 5 Jul post

Thanks

BMW CCA
Old 07-11-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
@IllKinetics,

Sorry for the confusion. I was not referring to the Sport Automatic Transmission, rather the Easy access -- your 1:35 pm 5 Jul post

Thanks
I figured the easiest way to answer is with pics. See below, good luck. FYI when coding EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV-PHYS the lower the number the further back you go. Ex..I am 6ft tall I first adjusted it 32 which is 50 cm from the end of track, could barely reach gas pedal. Now I have it set to 3c which is 60 cm from end of track and now I can reach the pedal perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sm2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	518931   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm2 Funtion.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	518932  
Old 08-04-2015, 05:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 335i RWD
FEM BODY UPDATE for F30

Hello All,

While I was coding my 2015 335i, I was able to pin down these two items in the FEM_BODY section.

FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB Close Moonroof when holding lock on key fob

FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN Fold Mirrors when holding lock on key fob

NOTES: I don't have comfort access so your results may vary. But, I noticed that for the moonroof closing, the amount it closes it based on the time your continue to press the lock button on your remote. For example, you will have to hold the lock button down much longer when the roof has been fully retracted versus simply popped up.

The mirror folding is more like a switch. The second the mirror begins to fold, they will finish folding regardless of when you stop holding the lock button.

These items can be coded separately, you don't need both if you don't want both. The effect was immediate on my non-nav vehicle.

Bill
Old 08-05-2015, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: F11 520d
Quote:
Updated to v1.7 (07/01/2015 1:30AM CST): [*]Added FA Code: Sport Auto Transmission - Enable SAT for quicker and smoother shifts.
Question:
I've got no buttons to change the sport(+)-comfort settings (next to the gear selector). Will I get something from coding this? Will I actually get the SAT without paying? (I know I won't get the paddles... )

Last edited by zkiifreak; 08-05-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:08 AM

Indeed, there is no button for Sport+ by itself; rather you push the Drive Mode button on center console again after you get to Sport mode. On my Base 328 with manual, Sport+ is basically Sport mode with DTC off. All I did was the coding that is now listed on cheat sheet

Hope that helps

BMW CCA
Old 08-05-2015, 05:44 AM

Quote:
push the Drive Mode button on center console
... which is the one I do NOT have Which essentially must mean that I do not benefit from this code?!
I can, though, pull the stick to the left to go to "Sport/Manual" mode, but that's only regarding the automatic transmission - no suspension thingy happening there afaik. Hope someone might be able to clarify.

@Rsnic: Thanks a lot anyways
Old 08-05-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkiifreak View Post
... which is the one I do NOT have Which essentially must mean that I do not benefit from this code?!
I can, though, pull the stick to the left to go to "Sport/Manual" mode, but that's only regarding the automatic transmission - no suspension thingy happening there afaik. Hope someone might be able to clarify.

@Rsnic: Thanks a lot anyways
Wait, doesn't your center console look like this?: (Minus the manual of course)

It's that Up/Down looking button that says 'Sport' and 'Comfort'. What do you see on yours?

2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Wait, doesn't your center console look like this?: (Minus the manual of course)

It's that Up/Down looking button that says 'Sport' and 'Comfort'. What do you see on yours?
Attaching the looks of my MY2011 F11 (born 10.10.2010)
They didn't use those buttons back then
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150805_17_30_41_Pro.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	523252