Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Reporting from Houston

Well today was another week of meeting up with old friends again. Art picked me up in his drop dead gorgeous Z8 to meet up with Nate at his model of a home. Art even let me drive the monster which was a thrill. The attention to detail in a Z8 far exceeds anything in the current Bimmer line up. Anyway, off to lunch where these two showed me how to MOD food off the menu! A big THANK YOU to Art for picking up the tab :-) This is the 2nd week in a row that a board member has done this. As it turns out, Art and I have a mutual friend (in e46 M3 circles who also lives in Houston) so Texas World Speedway is on the cards next time around and definitely dinner and/or drinks with Alan Riley in College Station.

Will be back home on Tuesday evening but Nate and Art, lets start making plans where you two come to NYC soon. I'm buying this time around + Tommy, Rich and Ed are always up for yet another non-meet.
Ads by Google
Old 11-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Ketchep
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina22
Well today was another week of meeting up with old friends again. Art picked me up in his drop dead gorgeous Z8 to meet up with Nate at his model of a home. Art even let me drive the monster which was a thrill. The attention to detail in a Z8 far exceeds anything in the current Bimmer line up. Anyway, off to lunch where these two showed me how to MOD food off the menu! A big THANK YOU to Art for picking up the tab :-) This is the 2nd week in a row that a board member has done this. As it turns out, Art and I have a mutual friend (in e46 M3 circles who also lives in Houston) so Texas World Speedway is on the cards next time around and definitely dinner and/or drinks with Alan Riley in College Station.

Will be back home on Tuesday evening but Nate and Art, lets start making plans where you two come to NYC soon. I'm buying this time around + Tommy, Rich and Ed are always up for yet another non-meet.

what? alan has a e46m3? thought he was driving lotuses.. or is that lotii?

tws is a smoking fast track... safe travels!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:15 PM

Mein Auto: 1M,M3,323i
Arslan,

It was great to meet up again. Next time I'll try to do a BBQ

Too bad about the rain here I was hoping for more top down driving.

Maybe we can meet up in North Carolina next year for the BMWCCA O'fest.

Looking foward to our next meet/food fest
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Welcomed to the 'Fest!

Mein Auto: X5 & E90
I think I need a job that pays for travel so I can visit all of you guys. You're all having so much fun.

Kevin
Old 11-16-2004, 04:33 AM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Alps - sounds like an awesome time with some great people.

Art - I'll be down your way as far as Dallas right after the first of the year. My younger daughter will be skating at the USFSA Midwestern Regionals, which I'll be going to, which happens to be the same week that my older daughter is skating at Internationals in Prague, Czech Republic, which my wife will be going to (guess who drew the short straw ) You ever make it up to Dallas?

Old 11-16-2004, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5
Alps - sounds like an awesome time with some great people.

Art - I'll be down your way as far as Dallas right after the first of the year. My younger daughter will be skating at the USFSA Midwestern Regionals, which I'll be going to, which happens to be the same week that my older daughter is skating at Internationals in Prague, Czech Republic, which my wife will be going to (guess who drew the short straw ) You ever make it up to Dallas?
Jeff,

Just let me know when. I will drive up to meet you(It's only 280 miles). You know we have a SBC training facility there, so I make that trip at least a couple times a year. BTW-Remember Bloodclot, he lives there too.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Member of the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtX5
Jeff,

Just let me know when. I will drive up to meet you(It's only 280 miles). You know we have a SBC training facility there, so I make that trip at least a couple times a year. BTW-Remember Bloodclot, he lives there too.
Cool - I'll let you know the details as we get closer to the date

Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
The Eyes Are Watching You

Mein Auto: 2002 X5 3.0i
Hey Arslan

It was very nice to meet up with you (and Art) once again. Hopefully one day we can both make it up to NYC and can visit you there. I really enjoy listening in on all your knowledge on bimmers and other cars you talk about. Hope you liked your "Moded" Pollo Laguna dish at Veneto's LOL!

Well hope to see you soon again and we must all (wife's included) get together soon. Thx again for making some time to hang out

--Nate

Old 11-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaku
what? alan has a e46m3? thought he was driving lotuses.. or is that lotii?

tws is a smoking fast track... safe travels!
Not sure what Alan drives these days. The M3 friend of ours is someone else. Art will know his handle. Visitng the in-laws is do-able when I manage to break off to meet up with the Bimmer crew. The wife got to see Art's ride when he dropped me off. What a car. I can't get over how nice that whip is. The next time I come to Houston, I'll grab Art, Nate, my other Bimmer driving people, and head up to TWS. Hopefully Jude, Adam and Jeff can all meet at the same time. Think early spring. As far as MODfood, well I was thinking of some lowered Pecan Squares. Sound good?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Member of the club

Quote:
Think early spring. As far as MODfood, well I was thinking of some lowered Pecan Squares. Sound good?
mmmmmmm, Pecan Squares Making my mouth water!!

Old 11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah right....

Mein Auto: 01' 4.4 Dinan S2 X5
Quote:

I was actually hoping to hear another story of how Art fits a whole cow on his grill!

Yes, Art definitely has the creme de la creme of the BMW lineup. A get together is definitely something I look forward to whenever Art and Nate make it up North.

Safe trip home, Darth Helmet!

Ask me what I DON'T have on my X, it'll just be easier...
Old 11-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Official Bangle Hater

Mein Auto: '01 X5 4.4i, '00 M5
Tommy are you still on the list for the E60 M5?
Old 11-17-2004, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyX
I was actually hoping to hear another story of how Art fits a whole cow on his grill!

Yes, Art definitely has the creme de la creme of the BMW lineup. A get together is definitely something I look forward to whenever Art and Nate make it up North.

Safe trip home, Darth Helmet!
LOL Tommy, a whole cow can be arranged I'm looking foward to a future east coast meet with everyone.

BTW- I found this advertisment in BMW Car magazine. Is this the kit you are getting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan_edited.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	40149  
Old 11-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtX5
LOL Tommy, a whole cow can be arranged I'm looking foward to a future east coast meet with everyone.

BTW- I found this advertisment in BMW Car magazine. Is this the kit you are getting?
Yep, that's the one. Once I do get it, I'll have to make a decision on if it goes on now or in the Spring. We're not blessed with good weather year round like most of you guys.

Any day now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M5
Tommy are you still on the list for the E60 M5?
Chris, I really tried my darndest to come up with any excuse for getting rid of the X for the new M but failed. For this reason, I never put pen to paper and made it on my dealers list. The X, for a 2001, is running excellent with no issues to speak of. It also helps that it has only 28k miles on it too! For now, I guess I'll drive it till the wheels fall off and do some stuff to it I've always wanted to do. You never know though. I've always wanted an M car and some day, God willing, I will.
Funny thing is my wife commented how nice that "M thing you like" is because it has four doors for "a family" and it has "the fast engine" you like. Hehehe, I wanted to buy her another diamond ring just for saying that!!!
All things considered, I never liked to buy a first year production vehicle anyway. Some have luck with them, others don't. Digi was a perfect example of no luck.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:38 AM
Member of the club

Quote:
Funny thing is my wife commented how nice that "M thing you like" is because it has four doors for "a family" and it has "the fast engine" you like. Hehehe, I wanted to buy her another diamond ring just for saying that!!!
Vera is a saint - count your blessings, T

Old 11-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah right....

Quote:
Vera is a saint - count your blessings, T
Thanks Jeff! I know and I do!

I hear Santa Claus from NJ is sending you a early X-mas gift...

Post your thoughts after the install!

Oh, and you might want to check out X5World for install tips...

Good luck man and keep in touch.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Member of the club

Quote:
Thanks Jeff! I know and I do!

I hear Santa Claus from NJ is sending you a early X-mas gift...

Post your thoughts after the install!

Oh, and you might want to check out X5World for install tips...

Good luck man and keep in touch.
Yes, as a matter of fact I do have an early present from Santa on its way Thank you (as well as Ed and Arslan) for any influence you had with this. I definately will provide feedback once the install is complete.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah right....

Quote:
Yes, as a matter of fact I do have an early present from Santa on its way Thank you (as well as Ed and Arslan) for any influence you had with this. I definately will provide feedback once the install is complete.
Arslan and I did and it was well deserved.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
No problem Jeff. Was just being honest with DZ.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Hand-me-down X5

Send a message via ICQ to vraa Send a message via AIM to vraa Send a message via MSN to vraa Send a message via Yahoo to vraa
Mein Auto: X5 4.4i
After skimming this thread I got this.

Someone needs install tips for a diamond ring on a cow.

I live in Sugarland! We should meet up sometime!
05 LS
+ others.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Member of the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraa
After skimming this thread I got this.

Someone needs install tips for a diamond ring on a cow.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraa
Sugarland is where my in-laws live and where I stay when I'm in town. Please shoot me an e-mail at alpina22@yahoo.com so I can get in touch with you early next year (my next visit).