Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 E66 Sport Blk/Blk
Question Please complete my order (BT voice module)

I am about to order a 4.4i with all available electronic options. I would like to buy a BT enabled phone that I could either keep in my pocket or snap into an adapter that has been popped into my armrest (part # needed). Finally, I would like to be able to press the talk button on my steering wheel and utilize wireless speakerphone with the stereo automuted. Oh, I would also like to voice dial with voice recognition.

So with all of these expectations and ordering a fully loaded (nav, assist, premium package, Premium sound) 4.4i, what else do I need???

Thanks for the help!
Chris
Ads by Google
Old 11-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSTL
I am about to order a 4.4i with all available electronic options. I would like to buy a BT enabled phone that I could either keep in my pocket or snap into an adapter that has been popped into my armrest (part # needed). Finally, I would like to be able to press the talk button on my steering wheel and utilize wireless speakerphone with the stereo automuted. Oh, I would also like to voice dial with voice recognition.

So with all of these expectations and ordering a fully loaded (nav, assist, premium package, Premium sound) 4.4i, what else do I need???

Thanks for the help!
Chris
You will need the following, which I believe are dealer installed options:
1. stand-alone voice recongition module
2. armrest cradle for BT phone system
3. snap-in adaptor for your specific BT enabled phone (assuming BMW makes one for your phone). See http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm for a listing of phones that have the snap-in adaptor and the associated part numbers.
Good luck!

Last edited by UCrewX5; 11-20-2004 at 05:47 AM.