BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I cheaped out on new rear tires.

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Dave 330i 
#1 ·
Got 2 Yokohama A/S tires for $450 (everything included). I don't drive the car very hard, so I passed on the more expensive OEM tires.:dunno:

#3 ·
To own a M3, do you have to drive it hard? How hard is hard?

#6 ·
To know you have it when you want to?

#5 ·
I'm on the same boat (no tracks or twisties anywhere close), so also plan to replace stockers with something more durable, quieter, cheaper, and with a cushier ride, but will definitely replace all 4 as a set. Some modern A/S tires are so good that they're perfectly capable to have fun in the twisty roads at sane speeds, plus they make much better sense for cold weather. Having sport tires in my situation makes as much sense as target shooting with an AK47. And yes, I very much enjoy driving my M3 even at sedate speeds. Good day.

#11 ·
Uh - You do not have to get PS2s. There are other max perf summer tires...and some of the a materially cheaper...

#22 ·
I agree. If you buy a M3, get the performace tires fit for that car. Otherwise drive a Honda. You get 99% of the fun. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.