BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I had a M3 blast today!

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  stylinexpat 
#1 ·
Wow ....
I drove an M3 coupe with dual clutch transmission and an M3 sedan with a mannual transmission. They were both an absolute blast to drive. I was given the opportunity to go with my wife and without the CA. We both drove each car and we both liked both cars A LOT!

We experienced no DCT stalls under various conditions. My wife has no transmission preferences. I liked both but think the DCT is amazing.

We are now thinking hard on color combos and the 2010 ED experience. I will tell you, these cars are a real blast to drive. 60mph to 80mph happens so fast and easily. The car we drove had an alarm sound warning "overextended speed" or something like that. Could say a speeding ticket is a real possibility.

What a great day in the 09 M3 indeed.

#2 ·
They are definitely nice but would have been a bit better had they made them 300-500 lbs. lighter. I get mine back on Monday from the dealership and look forward to getting it back. Glad you liked it:thumbup: I drove the 328i loaner car around today and headed down to Newport Beach and Irvine in it. The 328i loaner car was more comfortable than my M3 but the M3 was more fun to drive down to Newport Beach on the Highway though I felt like I had a higher chance of getting a ticket on my way there and back in my M3 then the 328i loaner I had. The 328i got twice the fuel economy and used half the fuel that my M3 used but I also got half the looks and half the smile on my face with the 328i.

#3 ·
Yes the milage issue is what it is. Is the M3 comfort that much different in the soft suspension mode compared to the 335?

#4 ·
I also agree that it would be easier to be speeding in the M3. The DCT tranny is so smooth and both are lots of fun. I encourage any of you to test drive one if you have the vaguest interest.

#6 ·
-

It is such fun to test drive these cars, eh! Pleased to see you tried both. Before electing I'd go back and take a 2nd drive and see which tranny 'speaks' to you as a driver. Both great in their own way.

ED is the best! Worth every penny to be able to drive an M-car in Deutschland - and on to other countries. The roads in Germany are fantastic.

#7 ·
-

It is such fun to test drive these cars, eh! Pleased to see you tried both. Before electing I'd go back and take a 2nd drive and see which tranny 'speaks' to you as a driver. Both great in their own way.

ED is the best! Worth every penny to be able to drive an M-car in Deutschland - and on to other countries. The roads in Germany are fantastic.
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.