BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

About to bite the bullet - need a little pricing advice

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  greensha 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I'm about to buy an M3 in the next few weeks. My dealer in Athens, GA has a coupe in stock, but I am looking for a sedan with DCT and all the extras. How much bargaining power do I lose if the dealer has to get the car from another dealer? Do they have to negotiate with the other dealership over the price?

I'm assuming my bargaining power will be significantly limited if I have to order a car from scratch. Roughly how much over invoice should I be looking at. I certainly don't mind giving the dealer a reasonable profit, after all, they do have to stay in business to service my car. On the other hand, I don't want to get taken for a ride.

I had thought about leasing, but I will probably end up buying. Are there any special interest rates available assuming my credit is tip-top.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

#2 ·
You're going to find the best deal BY FAR buying a car in stock, so do your homework and find the closest car and either fly in and drive it back or ship it. If you get lazy and involve your local dealer you'll pay for it dearly. I can't recommend how much to offer because I'm out of the market, but forget the mega deals you read about months ago. Good luck.

#3 ·
If the savings were on the order of several thousand dollars I think it would be worth it to get it from a different dealer. However, the time involved in getting from once place to another, in addition to not having the local dealer provide a courtesy car makes the local option the only realistic one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.