Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '17 M240i
Short review at 6 months

I've had the 240i for six months now, though I've only been driving it for 4 months due to the ED delivery time. I have not had a single issue of any kind but only have 4K miles so far. I am very glad I went with the manual transmission and RWD. Every time I get in the car I am filled with joy, as well as memories of her first drive, a night drive from the Welt to Cesky Krumlov. People will bemoan the electric steering, but it is a minor issue in comparison with the overall level of engagement. I am glad for my wired radar detector and waze. The software integration in the car is great but the H-K stereo is merely adequate. I'm glad my E90 17 inch winter wheels just fit. I did need to aim the lights a half turn higher. I can't wait to put the summer wheels and PSS tires back on her in a couple of months.

I'm also glad we retained the 335d. In my opinion, it is amongst the best highway cruisers in the world while the 240 is the most fun car this side of porche.

Although I love the way these cars perform, I am not happy with how BMW has made it more and more difficult to DIY maintenance. Let's just say one of the many reasons I love the 335d is that it has a dipstick. I did an oil change through it today.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sold: 2006 330i Silver/Black MT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecodoug View Post

........................while the 240 is the most fun car this side of Porsche.

Although I love the way these cars perform, I am not happy with how BMW has made it more and more difficult to DIY maintenance. Let's just say one of the many reasons I love the 335d is that it has a dipstick. I did an oil change through it today.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app
You got that right. The car is a joy to drive either sanely or like a hooligan.

Seems to be the trend w/ all the automakers and the DIY'ers. Rather than lament, I just take this as the new norm and let the dealership do the maintenance. Allows me to keep the garage less cluttered as all I have to inventory now is car care products.

All-in-all, the M240i is the sweet spot in the BMW lineup IMO.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:36 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: FBO 07 e92 335i
Thank you for the review

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search