Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
I have 2K+ miles on the car now and I second everything you said. Very happy with this car!
I am averaging low 20s MPG on a mix of city, highway, comfort and sport.
FAST, handles great, comfortable ride and no rattles!
Had a chance to drive it on the track (in a group behind a pace car) at Sebring International Raceway last weekend at a BMW CCA event. Unfortunately, I had a slow 328i in front of me, so I couldn't push it. But, it was obvious how capable this car is. And, driving my car down the front straight at Sebring, passed the grandstands and doing 100+ MPH on the back straight was a very special experience! Magic.
Sounds like a great time Peter. We missed going as wife was under the weather. Running the track sounds like a fun time. A buddy ran his Corvette there during an intermission during a actual race event. He picked up so many "marbles" on the parade laps that he said his tires looked like he's run through mud. He couldn't peel them off either....so he wound up driving home listening to those bits or track debris rattle around his wheel wells.

I am so happy with this car. W/ traffic being so bad during season and the police presence have only gotten 3/4 throttle on the entry ramps to check acceleration. I can get to 90MPH as I hit the merge point, which is pretty impressive. Car has plenty of 0-jail potential (even as stock)

Now I see BMW is going to release the M2CS which should really put some distance performance-wise between our cars and the M2 (although I understand they will also keep the currently configured M2 in production at the same time). The B58 has so much tuning potential, if done properly it can likely run with the "big boys".

The one thing I noticed about the M240i vs. say my old C7; when car is in sport with tranny in M/S, when I decelerate, the car downshifts pretty aggressively allowing for some serious engine braking. That was missing from the C7 and something I thoroughly enjoy. W/ a more open exhaust, I'm betting we'd get some serious "burbles" from this car when you take you foot off the gas.

Did you get your Dinan Sport yet? Anxious to hear your impressions.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i - PCD 01/06/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Sounds like a great time Peter. We missed going as wife was under the weather. Running the track sounds like a fun time. A buddy ran his Corvette there during an intermission during a actual race event. He picked up so many "marbles" on the parade laps that he said his tires looked like he's run through mud. He couldn't peel them off either....so he wound up driving home listening to those bits or track debris rattle around his wheel wells.

I am so happy with this car. W/ traffic being so bad during season and the police presence have only gotten 3/4 throttle on the entry ramps to check acceleration. I can get to 90MPH as I hit the merge point, which is pretty impressive. Car has plenty of 0-jail potential (even as stock)

Now I see BMW is going to release the M2CS which should really put some distance performance-wise between our cars and the M2 (although I understand they will also keep the currently configured M2 in production at the same time). The B58 has so much tuning potential, if done properly it can likely run with the "big boys".

The one thing I noticed about the M240i vs. say my old C7; when car is in sport with tranny in M/S, when I decelerate, the car downshifts pretty aggressively allowing for some serious engine braking. That was missing from the C7 and something I thoroughly enjoy. W/ a more open exhaust, I'm betting we'd get some serious "burbles" from this car when you take you foot off the gas.

Did you get your Dinan Sport yet? Anxious to hear your impressions.
Sorry to hear your wife wasn't feeling well. That's not a nice reason to miss the event.
My "sweet spot" combination is "Sport" mode and the shift selector to the left in "Sport Auto". I also appreciate the aggressive downshifts and engine braking.
I do wish the exhaust was a little more aggressive. I don't want annoying loud, just some more volume and pops/gurgles. I may eventually try a resonator delete mid-pipe and/or the M Performance muffler.
The Dinan Sport is supposed to arrive on Monday. After I've installed it and had a chance to use it for a while I'll post my impressions. I'll try it in Sport & Sport+, but not Race. +4 boost is too much for my taste on a stock engine and I don't want to risk any error codes (CEL).

Last edited by PeterWT; 02-17-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNola View Post
My car got on a ship (bishu highway) and left Bremerhaven yesterday.
Stopped in Southampton for 6 hours this morning and is back underway, next stop Barcelona.
Aww nuts! i just remembered that Barcelona in on the east coast of Spain, almost to the French border...Bishu Highway is currently headed south at 17.5 knots at latitude 39.98N, or about halfway down the length of Portugal. Heading for the Straights of Gibraltar then up the Balearic sea to Barcelona arriving on Feb 20, them retracing course back thru Gibraltar and then across the Atlantic straight to Galveston, where I get off. Arriving in Galveston March 5.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
dennishp@earthlink.net

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search