Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i - PCD 01/06/17
My build is complete!!!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
My build is complete!!!
Yep, mine too. Car has been built, sitting on four tires w/ a working motor. Passed QC, tested and released to the shipper for transport to to the port of Bremerhaven.

Guessing by weekend it should be at Bremerhaven (Leipzig to Bremerhaven approx 4 hours) and ready for loading (hopefully loaded) to a ship.

Last edited by USA-RET; 11-02-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Genius confirmed that mine is on the train to Bremerhaven today and they should be able to give me a ship name within about a week. Once they do, I am going to call the PC and ask if they can give me an earlier deliver date. Christmas week would be nice.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:39 PM

Guessing your car and mine may be shipmates. Not sure where in Florida you are located, but Brunswick GA is the drop off point. I'm around Naples, so if your are north of me, you'll be in the driver's seat before me.

Sales manager called me today to confirm and said in his years of selling and seeing cars built and shipped, his guess is car should be here around 1 December or there-a-bouts. Definitely before years end unless there is a customs hold-up.

I'll likely do my trade-in next week and get that out of the way. Reason I was holding off is the tax benefit of the trade can not carry over to the the next calendar year if car arrived after 1 Jan 2017.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Guessing your car and mine may be shipmates. Not sure where in Florida you are located, but Brunswick GA is the drop off point. I'm around Naples, so if your are north of me, you'll be in the driver's seat before me.

Sales manager called me today to confirm and said in his years of selling and seeing cars built and shipped, his guess is car should be here around 1 December or there-a-bouts. Definitely before years end unless there is a customs hold-up.

I'll likely do my trade-in next week and get that out of the way. Reason I was holding off is the tax benefit of the trade can not carry over to the the next calendar year if car arrived after 1 Jan 2017.
I'm in the St. Pete area, so if I was taking delivery at the dealer, I might have gotten mine first.
But, I'm doing a Performance Center Delivery and they have it scheduled for 1/6/17.
I'm going to ask them if they can give me an earlier date. I'm hoping for the week of 12/19. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I'm in the St. Pete area, so if I was taking delivery at the dealer, I might have gotten mine first.
But, I'm doing a Performance Center Delivery and they have it scheduled for 1/6/17.
I'm going to ask them if they can give me an earlier date. I'm hoping for the week of 12/19. Fingers crossed.
Ahh I see. Yes you've mentioned the "Perf Cntr Delv" in previous posts, but I've read past it.

It would be great to get an earlier date, I'd bet much depends on the number of folks in the pipeline ahead of you and then trying to coordinate the car arrivals w/ the track schedule, etc., Likely lots of cushion built into that system.

I'd be interested to hear your comments after attending. Our sales manager said it's a great experience and mentioned he would throw it into the deal w/ mine. I opted not to take it as the logistics getting there and other scheduling problems only complicated the entire process. Certainly sounds like a person could learn a lot about handling a car and pushing towards it's limits.

Funny story, I've been on a few other car forums reading. There is a always a thread or two with people complaining about "blind spots" from the side mirrors. One person commented that while attending a BMW driving course (assuming it's the one you are attending), the instructor found that nearly everyone attending, did not have their side view mirrors set properly.

On the C7 forum, this has come up numerous times. Guys looking for "fish eye" add-ons, Euro Convex mirror replacements, proximity sensors, etc. I have mine set according to their design and purpose and do not have any blind spots in the C7. Initially looks strange the first time you glance at them in traffic, but they works as intended when set according to Hoyle.

Sorry for the divination of subject.......just killin' time waitin' for my new car.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i Auto
Just learned that my M240i is in transit, on the Integrity, and scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on 11/14. Should be down to the dealers about a week or so later.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwalk View Post
Just learned that my M240i is in transit, on the Integrity, and scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on 11/14. Should be down to the dealers about a week or so later.

Congrats. Betting you are excited (I would be too).

Hoping to get a ship name for mine by this weekend (or early next week). The guy at "Genius" thought that is was quite possible. "Bimmerhaven" is always busy.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Ahh I see. Yes you've mentioned the "Perf Cntr Delv" in previous posts, but I've read past it.

It would be great to get an earlier date, I'd bet much depends on the number of folks in the pipeline ahead of you and then trying to coordinate the car arrivals w/ the track schedule, etc., Likely lots of cushion built into that system.

I'd be interested to hear your comments after attending. Our sales manager said it's a great experience and mentioned he would throw it into the deal w/ mine. I opted not to take it as the logistics getting there and other scheduling problems only complicated the entire process. Certainly sounds like a person could learn a lot about handling a car and pushing towards it's limits.

Funny story, I've been on a few other car forums reading. There is a always a thread or two with people complaining about "blind spots" from the side mirrors. One person commented that while attending a BMW driving course (assuming it's the one you are attending), the instructor found that nearly everyone attending, did not have their side view mirrors set properly.

On the C7 forum, this has come up numerous times. Guys looking for "fish eye" add-ons, Euro Convex mirror replacements, proximity sensors, etc. I have mine set according to their design and purpose and do not have any blind spots in the C7. Initially looks strange the first time you glance at them in traffic, but they works as intended when set according to Hoyle.

Sorry for the divination of subject.......just killin' time waitin' for my new car.
No worries about being off-topic. We're just passin' time...
I know what you mean about properly adjusting the sideviews.
I got my M Perf Rear Diffuser today! Here's a picture. When I speak with the PC, I'm going to ask them if they'll install it as part of the delivery. If not, I'll find a video online and install it myself when I get home.
I don't like the OE diffser. Yuck! Looks like they didn't finish designing the rear of the car and the M Perf piece is what the car should have come with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161103_133059.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	580952  

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-05-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwalk View Post
Congrats on getting a ship name and date!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:00 PM

Mein Auto: Z3M
Hi guys I called GENIUS today my M240i is on its way to the ship also, I am in southeast FLORIDA, NOV. 1 is its BIRTHDAY,
Old 11-03-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
No worries about being off-topic. We're just passin' time...
I know what you mean about properly adjusting the sideviews.
I got my M Perf Rear Diffuser today! Here's a picture. When I speak with the PC, I'm going to ask them if they'll install it as part of the delivery. If not, I'll find a video online and install it myself when I get home.
I don't like the OE diffser. Yuck! Looks like they didn't finish designing the rear of the car and the M Perf piece is what the car should have come with.
That diffuser looks "killer"!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKENJO View Post
Hi guys I called GENIUS today my M240i is on its way to the ship also, I am in southeast FLORIDA, NOV. 1 is its BIRTHDAY,
Same b'day as mine.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
That diffuser looks "killer"!
Thanks! I think so.
I just found out that it sticks out a little further than the OE diffuser, so BMW recommends cutting the tail pipes and using their tail pipe extenders to bring the tips further out. I don't want to do that, so I am going to try it as is first (OE pipes and tips) and see how it looks. Hopefully they won't be too far in for my tastes. I don't like tail pipes that stick out, so it may be fine. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:19 AM

Distinct possibility all our cars will be on the same "cruise" ship heading state-side.

Happy our "stormy" season is ended. Would hate to see our cars heading to Brunswick GA when "Matthew" was heading that direction.

Hope the tailpipes and diffuser meet you expectations. It's not like the tips will be buried inside it (hopefully they won't ). Tips can be expensive (my JCW extensions retailed for $100 each). If they are flush with the difusser, they should still look outstanding IMO.

Fortunately I found a Mini dealership online that sold most every OEM part for well below retail, and my local dealership matched their pricing. I'm hoping to locate a BMW vendor that discounts all my "Bimmer" needs (and my local dealer will price match).

I'm fixated on the Dinan stuff. Not that the car needs anything more in the way of power, but the Dinan Performance tuner seems worthy of consideration should the need arise.
That it's a dealer installed and warranty supported performance add-on (unlike so many others).

The JCW tune (offered through MINI) made a huge improvement w/ my MCS. Then added new light weight wheels and lighter tires (Conti Extreme DW ILO the RF Hankooks) made the car come alive.

The stock M240i is likely going to be more car than I can hope to use "sanely" on the street anyway. Still nice to know there are options
Old 11-04-2016, 05:52 AM

Yeah, looks like we may all be shipmates.
I also like having tuning options. Having just come from 2 VW GTIs with APR software tunes and intakes, I appreciate the benefits a good aftermarket tuning company can deliver.
I found a good thread, with pictures, covering my diffuser and exhaust tip dilemma:
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160887
I think I may be OK with the stock tips. If not, I can always try to find aftermarket tips that fit better; however I don't want to cut the pipes.

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-04-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:

FYI (well, not USA-RET's):

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots
Old 11-04-2016, 06:51 PM

what colors are your cars mine is alpine white and coral red,also went for the Z08 package
Old 11-04-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
what colors are your cars mine is alpine white and coral red,also went for the Z08 package
Here's my build:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 M240i Build.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	581098  

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-05-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:26 PM

Mine:

Estoril Blue Metallic

Black Dakota Leather

Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Estoril Blue matte highlight

Driver Assistance Package

18" double-spoke 436M Silver wheels w/ all-season tires

Black Kidney Grilles

M Performance Side sill decals

Stainless Steel Pedals

Moon roof deletion

Navigation system

Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot

Harman Kardon surround sound system
Old 11-04-2016, 10:58 PM

RET, do you know that when you order the all season tires you DO NOT get the stagger size rims, which is 18 by 7.5 up front and 18 by 8 in rear
Old 11-05-2016, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i Auto
Mine is:

Mineral Grey Metallic
Terra Dakota Leather
Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Black high-gloss highlight
Cold Weather Package (Heated steering wheel and seats after winter bike ride are awesome!)
Driver Assistance Package
18" double-spoke 436M Silver wheels w/non-run flat mixed summer setup (will run separate winter set up)
Navigation system
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System
Old 11-05-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
RET, do you know that when you order the all season tires you DO NOT get the stagger size rims, which is 18 by 7.5 up front and 18 by 8 in rear
Also a lower electronically limited top speed. I think it is 130, instead of 155.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:25 AM

I forgot also the staggered tire size wider tire in rear
Old 11-05-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
No I did not!! Sales guy never mentioned it either (betting he didn't know either).

Did not show if the rim size (front to rear as different either). Had I known, I'd have opted for the Summers (maybe). Anyone happen to know if the all season rims are 18X8 all around or 7.5X18?

As I mentioned in previous posts, I will consider getting after market rims and tires if I want to liven the car up a bit and drop some unsprung weight). On the Tire Rack website (where I'd likely buy the rims, tires and TPMS), there is the option to select staggered or not for the M240i. Going w/ the staggered choice, the rims are the same at each corner (18X8), only the tire size changed. So unsure if this is a huge concern or not. Also have read that there is some wiggle room on tire to rim fitment.

I suppose if I had to put a positive spin on this, at least when I rotate the tires, I can have the full and proper rotation rather than only side to side.

I am a big fan of the Conti Extreme DW tires (light and sticky) which I run on my MCS. They get great reviews and each tires weighed 2 lbs. less that the Hankook RF's they replaced. Being in Florida, I'm more concerned w/ wet weather performance only because of our "monsoon" season (ALL SUMMER )

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
dennishp@earthlink.net

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search