Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i - PCD 01/06/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwalk View Post
In case you have not seen, the blog at http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/ has great info on track your BMW, including the ship once it has been assigned. Using Sailwx, the Integrity which is carrying my car shows up two days off the cost of Maine.
Yep, aware of that one. There's also one here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=894728

Called Genius again. Mine is still sitting at the port.
I'll try again on Monday...
Tuesday will be 2 weeks since production completed.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
Yep, aware of that one. There's also one here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=894728

Called Genius again. Mine is still sitting at the port.
I'll try again on Monday...
Tuesday will be 2 weeks since production completed.
Well thanks. Had not seen this one. Nice writeup!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 AM

Just spoke with Genius.
My car is on a ship named the "Hamburg Highway". It departed on 11/12 and is scheduled to arrive in Charleston by 11/28.
I currently have a 1/6/17 deliver date. I contacted the PC via email and asked for an earlier delivery date (12/19 through 12/30). Waiting for a response...

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-14-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Read your post and called. We are shipmates. "Hamburg Highway". My ETA is Nov 25th Brunswick GA.

Last time I tracked a car from Europe, it hit the NE ports first (Halifax, NJ, Boston, etc) and ended at Brunswick, before heading to the Canal. Looks like this ship will hit Brunswick before Charleston (Brunswick being south of Charleston). Strange.

Dunno, but happy to think I've be in the car early December.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Read your post and called. We are shipmates. "Hamburg Highway". My ETA is Nov 25th Brunswick GA.

Last time I tracked a car from Europe, it hit the NE ports first (Halifax, NJ, Boston, etc) and ended at Brunswick, before heading to the Canal. Looks like this ship will hit Brunswick before Charleston (Brunswick being south of Charleston). Strange.

Dunno, but happy to think I've be in the car early December.
Congrats shipmate!
Strange that it would go to Brunswick first. And 3 days before Charleston?

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-14-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:41 AM

Yeah, my thoughts also. Charleston isn't a 5 day boat ride from Brunswick either.

I see the ship is at anchor in GB now. Wanted to check ship's itinerary going forward but could not. Could be my advisor is wrong on the arrival dates. Just looking at the logistics, a straight shot across puts the ship way North of Brunswick, so the northern deliveries would be first..and then moving south.

Can't imagine a reason for a southern track to unload cars unless it's going to load up again in a northern port for the return trip.

Wish I could get a look at that ship's itinerary and ports of call.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:07 PM

I contacted Performance Center and they gave me an earlier delivery date, 12/21! WOOHOO!!!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: Z3M
I just called GENIUS ,mine is on the same ship ,do to port on NOV. 25
Old 11-14-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKENJO View Post
I just called GENIUS ,mine is on the same ship ,do to port on NOV. 25
Congrats shipmate!
Funny that we're all in FL and our cars all ended up on the same ship.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:04 PM

Yes, good news indeed. Also solved the mystery of the late Charleston delivery.

Yours arrives on the 21st, and our cars float a bit further South to arrive on the 25th.

My Sales Manager called and left a message that could have the car before EOM. That's a bit optimistic, since there are some "port" add-ons and then the truck ride down to SW Florida. Likely there will be stops along the way to unload, unless my dealership has a full semi load coming to them (unlikely), then prep at the dealership.

Still not bad considering we ordered it on Oct 8, if I get it by December 8, a little over 8 weeks from paperwork to driveway. WOOT!
Old 11-14-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, good news indeed. Also solved the mystery of the late Charleston delivery.

Yours arrives on the 21st, and our cars float a bit further South to arrive on the 25th.

My Sales Manager called and left a message that could have the car before EOM. That's a bit optimistic, since there are some "port" add-ons and then the truck ride down to SW Florida. Likely there will be stops along the way to unload, unless my dealership has a full semi load coming to them (unlikely), then prep at the dealership.

Still not bad considering we ordered it on Oct 8, if I get it by December 8, a little over 8 weeks from paperwork to driveway. WOOT!
So, I guess the date Genius gave me (by 11/28) was worst case scenario. I wonder why they gave you 11/25. Weird.
Well, I'm still happy with my 12/21 PCD date. It's 2+ weeks earlier than my original date and it fit's my work and my daughter's school schedules better.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:27 PM

Here's a direct link to track the most recent position of our ship (Hamburg Highway):
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...658066/zoom:14

Last edited by PeterWT; 11-14-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:09 AM

Yeah, saw that yesterday. She was outside of Portsmouth earlier (0 knots) likely awaiting a spot to off load in Southhampton . Guess the UK needs their BMW's too. Lets hope she sets sail sometime this evening.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:52 PM

She's got a spot in Southampton. Next port is Baltimore, ETA 11/25.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Mein Auto: Z3M
what happen to eta at BRUNSWICK GA. 11/25, going north to BALT.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:48 AM

Probably a glutton for punishment, but my car was delivered on 11/14 to the VPC in Baltimore. Likely will pick up Saturday after Thanksgiving as I have business travel till then. I promise a lot of crappy photographs (I am an indifferent if not downright horrible photographer).
Old 11-16-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKENJO View Post
what happen to eta at BRUNSWICK GA. 11/25, going north to BALT.
Dunno. Confusing for sure. Guys at Genius are likely "SWAG'ing" when the ship will hit port which would explain the wildly differing estimates.

Trying to apply a bit lo logic and dismiss any hope and fantasy I may have about these things, I submit the following:

Ship still sits in Southhampton, loading cars produced in England (and other items) coming the the US.

Figuring the "warp" speed of the ship and the miles to be traveled, the 25th of Nov, seems about right for Baltimore arrival (that is the date posted as ETA by the shipping line).

By adding a day or two to off-load at each location and the travel time between each port 10-12 December would appear to be a reasonable time frame for my car to hit Brunswick GA and be off loaded. Anything earlier than that would be nice but not holding my breath on that one.

Since my car is a "sold" car, it gets bumped to the front of the line for VPC handling. Add another 2-4 of days for car @ the VPC to get whatever parts added (grille/sill decals, pedals, etc) before being released to trucking company.

So 15-17 December it's on the road to Florida. Factor in 2-3 days travel to get to dealership (as cars will be off-loaded to other stores along the way. The fewer the stops, the faster the car gets to my dealership. Betting at least one of our cars will be on the same car carrier.

Soooooooooo dealership will likely have my car around December 20-23 ready for me to pick-up. Best guess is just prior to Christmas in my hot sweaty hands.

Sound about right?
Old 11-16-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Probably a glutton for punishment, but my car was delivered on 11/14 to the VPC in Baltimore. Likely will pick up Saturday after Thanksgiving as I have business travel till then. I promise a lot of crappy photographs (I am an indifferent if not downright horrible photographer).
Looking forward to the crappy pictures.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Dunno. Confusing for sure. Guys at Genius are likely "SWAG'ing" when the ship will hit port which would explain the wildly differing estimates.

Trying to apply a bit lo logic and dismiss any hope and fantasy I may have about these things, I submit the following:

Ship still sits in Southhampton, loading cars produced in England (and other items) coming the the US.

Figuring the "warp" speed of the ship and the miles to be traveled, the 25th of Nov, seems about right for Baltimore arrival (that is the date posted as ETA by the shipping line).

By adding a day or two to off-load at each location and the travel time between each port 10-12 December would appear to be a reasonable time frame for my car to hit Brunswick GA and be off loaded. Anything earlier than that would be nice but not holding my breath on that one.

Since my car is a "sold" car, it gets bumped to the front of the line for VPC handling. Add another 2-4 of days for car @ the VPC to get whatever parts added (grille/sill decals, pedals, etc) before being released to trucking company.

So 15-17 December it's on the road to Florida. Factor in 2-3 days travel to get to dealership (as cars will be off-loaded to other stores along the way. The fewer the stops, the faster the car gets to my dealership. Betting at least one of our cars will be on the same car carrier.

Soooooooooo dealership will likely have my car around December 20-23 ready for me to pick-up. Best guess is just prior to Christmas in my hot sweaty hands.

Sound about right?
Sounds like a reasonable and conservative estimate. Looks like we may be getting our cars around the same time after all.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:19 PM

It left Southampton today. ETA in Baltimore is still 11/25.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:31 PM

Had to share this:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...t-cars-feature
But, the fact that we are all waiting for our cars to arrive means we already knew this.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Had to share this:
But, the fact that we are all waiting for our cars to arrive means we already knew this.
Yeah, great article for sure. I went into this last purchase wanting an Audi TTS. Loved the looks of it and it's rare enough that you don't see yourself coming and going in it. I especially like the hatch back as it mimics the C7's cavernous storage space.

It's the driving and performance characteristics of the BMW M240i that were so much better than the Audi that swayed me to go with the BMW. Honestly, the Audi was not fun to drive. It was pretty to look at w/ nice diamond stitched seat leather, but that was about it.

It was not at all responsive unless you had the engine revs up and then you'd find yourself at or above the speed limits around town before the car would actually react to the throttle. Of course you could paddle shift down a gear or two to get the rev's, but that was just one extra step necessary to get the same fun the M240i supplied in spades with just a tap to the throttle.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy playing with my new BMW around town. Actually glad I waited for the M240i too/ w/ the new engine, more HP and more beloved torque.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Had to share this:
Cannot get over how true this is, at least for me:
Meanwhile, the M240i stood out, like the M235i last year, as an enormously athletic and capable little torpedo that romps around our test loop making joyous (and electronically augmented) sound and, in traffic, turns you into a stereotypical BMW schmuck in about 15 minutes. BMW drivers aren’t born, they’re made by cars like this, cars that encourage you to thrust and slash gleefully through the herds of plodding sheep.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, great article for sure. I went into this last purchase wanting an Audi TTS. Loved the looks of it and it's rare enough that you don't see yourself coming and going in it. I especially like the hatch back as it mimics the C7's cavernous storage space.

It's the driving and performance characteristics of the BMW M240i that were so much better than the Audi that swayed me to go with the BMW. Honestly, the Audi was not fun to drive. It was pretty to look at w/ nice diamond stitched seat leather, but that was about it.

It was not at all responsive unless you had the engine revs up and then you'd find yourself at or above the speed limits around town before the car would actually react to the throttle. Of course you could paddle shift down a gear or two to get the rev's, but that was just one extra step necessary to get the same fun the M240i supplied in spades with just a tap to the throttle.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy playing with my new BMW around town. Actually glad I waited for the M240i too/ w/ the new engine, more HP and more beloved torque.
Funny. I also considered an Audi. The S5. And, also largely due to looks (exterior and interior). The current S5 (B8.5) is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. However, it is an old platform, not a RWD sports car (which is what I 'really' wanted) and is $10K more than the M240i, comparably equipped.
The decision was easy.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Cannot get over how true this is, at least for me:
Meanwhile, the M240i stood out, like the M235i last year, as an enormously athletic and capable little torpedo that romps around our test loop making joyous (and electronically augmented) sound and, in traffic, turns you into a stereotypical BMW schmuck in about 15 minutes. BMW drivers aren't born, they're made by cars like this, cars that encourage you to thrust and slash gleefully through the herds of plodding sheep.
Yes, I also liked that line, especially the reference to 'plodding sheep'. LOL!

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
dennishp@earthlink.net

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search