Lead time on M240i orders - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 M240i - PCD 01/06/17
Just in case you guys haven't seen this one:
Old 11-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: Z3M
I went on the track link for our cars, HAMBURG HIGHWAY, it seems like the ship is going around in circles ,whats up may-be a storm
Old 11-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKENJO View Post
I went on the track link for our cars, HAMBURG HIGHWAY, it seems like the ship is going around in circles ,whats up may-be a storm
I've been watching it also. It's docked twice and has been in anchorage twice. Wish it would start heading our direction.

I'm thinking it may be they unloaded their cars, then cleared port to allow other ships to unload. Since UK makes Minis and other cars, could be some of those cars slated for transport may be en-route to the port or maybe staged behind another shipment slated for another ship, so our ship is awaiting their arrival or clearance for loading.

I've not seen any storms listed in the North Atlantic. Way too many other ships heading out for that to be an issue

Betting it's logistical rather than environmental. I've see it docked then at anchorage then back at a dock and now again at anchorage.

Hoping it's not mechanical
Old 11-19-2016, 05:55 AM

It's still sitting in the English Channel.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:00 AM

Underway this morning 6.2 knots but heading in the wrong direction w/ two tug along side.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Underway this morning 6.2 knots but heading in the wrong direction w/ two tug along side.
And one of the tugs has a destination of Southampton. It may be going back for more vehicles...
Old 11-19-2016, 12:19 PM

I called GENIUS, now they said its do at Brunswick on DEC.3
Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I called GENIUS, now they said its do at Brunswick on DEC.3
Maybe longer if Capt. doesn't get his vessel heading Westward.

If it does make Brunswick on 3 Dec, could make my dealership by the 15th (as long as the Semi doesn't head North instead of South).
Old 11-19-2016, 12:35 PM

First time i had order a bmw , this is the last always had chevy"s
Old 11-19-2016, 01:51 PM

As long as it leaves within the next couple of days, my 12/21 PCD date should still be OK. Fingers crossed...
Old 11-20-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
As long as it leaves within the next couple of days, my 12/21 PCD date should still be OK. Fingers crossed...
I hope your right, but the math may prove differently.

Queen Mary II makes a crossing in 7 days + hours...Its fast. These car carriers are slow. 10-15 days is about normal. If Hamburg Highway leaves tomorrow...10 days is Dec 6th. 15 days is Dec 11. I'm betting its a 15 day voyage @ 25 knots

Baltimore unload and move to next port (3days) Charleston unload (3 days) and then on to Brunswick for unload. Could easily be 17 Dec

2-3 days a VPC then on a flat bed Dec 20th. CHRISTMAS EVE & DAY. Does the Semi roll all the way to Florida before the holiday???? Puts my delivery on 23-24 December if the semi goes. Dealerships open on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day? Delivery delayed until 26-27th..

That's providing the Hamburg Highways leaves tomorrow. If that ship sits in Southampton another couple of days....My car could likely arrive after New Years.

I'm seriously thinking of holding my trade-in until I'm sure the car will get to the dealership this year. If I trade next week (as I planned) and the car doesn't arrive at dealership until 1 Jan, I lost $3K in sales tax benefit. Meanwhile it depreciates in my garage.

Honestly, I've never seen a ship do what the Hamburg Highway has done. This is the third time its docked in Southampton. Fully expect to see it head to Murmansk for a caviar pick-up.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: 230i Coupe on order
There's a very strong low tracking through the English Channel right now with wind gusts offshore approaching 100mph. The British Coastguard just rescued the crew of the cargo ship Saga Sky which was taking on water off the coast of Dover on Sunday. Not a nice week out there for sailing!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA-6Bhooker View Post
There's a very strong low tracking through the English Channel right now with wind gusts offshore approaching 100mph. The British Coastguard just rescued the crew of the cargo ship Saga Sky which was taking on water off the coast of Dover on Sunday. Not a nice week out there for sailing!
Yikes, did not know that (at least based on all the other traffic I see in the channel and heading west). Genius still says 3 Dec as dock date in Brunswick (could be if ship has a Warp drive).

Last edited by USA-RET; 11-21-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 BMW M3
my m3 is on this. whys it still docked?
Old 11-22-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobat View Post
my m3 is on this. whys it still docked?
Dunno, I found this website that may pass the time waiting.

http://www.sea-distances.org/

Some quick calculations and extrapolations for your viewing pleasure:

I used the ship Grand Duke (Vehicle Carrier) at sea now and underway, bound for Baltimore to get a ship speed. Chugging along at 16.2 knots

Southampton to Baltimore:

Distance 3443 nautical miles
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 8 days 21 hours

So approx 9 days Southampton to Baltimore. For reference, if the Hamburg Highway leaves today, it should make Baltimore on 1 Dec. Each additional day she sits in Southampton adds one one more day to 1 Dec.

* You "guesstimate" turnaround time at Baltimore and Charleston (ship dropping ramp and offloading vehicles and departing).........6hrs? 12hrs? 18hrs? 24hrs?

Baltimore to Charleston:

Distance 552 nautical miles
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 1 day 10 hours

* See above

Charleston to Brunswick GA

Distance 200 nautical miles (approx)
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 12 hours (approx)

SWAG in offloading and VPC customs and vehicle prep time (add more time if you have port installed items). Then car carrier time (loading cars and departing Brunswick). Travel time to dealerships along the way (allowing for vehicle drops in-between). Factor in 24-25 December as lost processing days if car is en-route.

Have fun
Old 11-22-2016, 10:52 AM

this is likely the case of the delay

ANGUS

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-38060571
Old 11-22-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Dunno, I found this website that may pass the time waiting.

http://www.sea-distances.org/

Some quick calculations and extrapolations for your viewing pleasure:

I used the ship Grand Duke (Vehicle Carrier) at sea now and underway, bound for Baltimore to get a ship speed. Chugging along at 16.2 knots

Southampton to Baltimore:

Distance 3443 nautical miles
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 8 days 21 hours

So approx 9 days Southampton to Baltimore. For reference, if the Hamburg Highway leaves today, it should make Baltimore on 1 Dec. Each additional day she sits in Southampton adds one one more day to 1 Dec.

* You "guesstimate" turnaround time at Baltimore and Charleston (ship dropping ramp and offloading vehicles and departing).........6hrs? 12hrs? 18hrs? 24hrs?

Baltimore to Charleston:

Distance 552 nautical miles
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 1 day 10 hours

* See above

Charleston to Brunswick GA

Distance 200 nautical miles (approx)
Vessel speed 16.2 knots
time 12 hours (approx)

SWAG in offloading and VPC customs and vehicle prep time (add more time if you have port installed items). Then car carrier time (loading cars and departing Brunswick). Travel time to dealerships along the way (allowing for vehicle drops in-between). Factor in 24-25 December as lost processing days if car is en-route.

Have fun
my client advisor told me it should arrive at the dealer by Dec. 10, but i'm not sure he's aware that the Hamburg Highway went fishing before docking at the port again.

Last edited by lobat; 11-22-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:13 PM

The weather in the channel appears to have improved.
Our ship is still in the port of Southampton, but it moved to a different slip...
Leave already, damn it!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The weather in the channel appears to have improved.
Our ship is still in the port of Southampton, but it moved to a different slip...
Leave already, damn it!!!
i know, i can't stop impulsively tracking every minute.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:07 AM

Genius told me today that the ETA in Charleston is now 12/5. And, my CA told me that my 12/21 PCD date is in jeopardy and will likely have to be pushed out to January.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Genius told me today that the ETA in Charleston is now 12/5. And, my CA told me that my 12/21 PCD date is in jeopardy and will likely have to be pushed out to January.
Sorry to hear that. Has to be a disappointment as you were originally scheduled for a Jan date.

My sales manager still believes I should have my car by the 13th or so. He's basing that on what BMW is telling him.

Just looking at travel times, port times, and car carrier times, that sounds way to optimistic too me. I'd buy those dates if my port was Baltimore (or if there is a "worm hole" the ship can use) . I'm hopeful to get the car this year, but guessing it will be closer to the 30th of Dec than the 13th-15th.

As a side note, My Genius guy told me (the last time we talked) if I have port installed options I can possibly add another 5-7 days processing time at the VPC.

We will know more when the ship finally hits a US port. Until then, I think we are spinning our wheels (instead of the HH spinning her propellers).

Last edited by USA-RET; 11-23-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:28 PM

WHY IS IT JUST SITTING THERE,LOOKS LIKE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET OUR CARS TILL NEXT YEAR, I WAS LOCKED IN AT A LOW LOAN RATE AND TRADE-IN BUT WHO KNOWS NOW
Old 11-24-2016, 02:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 230i Vert
Quote:
WHY IS IT JUST SITTING THERE,LOOKS LIKE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET OUR CARS TILL NEXT YEAR, I WAS LOCKED IN AT A LOW LOAN RATE AND TRADE-IN BUT WHO KNOWS NOW
My new car left Germany on the Boheme on 11/22. I hope to have it in mid December.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kayen View Post
My new car left Germany on the Boheme on 11/22. I hope to have it in mid December.
Congrats on your car being ship-board. Hope you have better luck than us (Hamburg Highway) when yours makes Southampton. Ours is either broken down or there is one hell-of-a stripper bar near the docks (Destination has changed from Baltimore to GB).

You can check your ship's progress with this website:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...ery:51/zoom:10

FYI there are a number of ships carrying that name....so you may have to check a few before you locate your Vehicle Carrier.

My Guess...this one:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/phot...26076/#forward

Currently docked in Zeebrugge

Last edited by USA-RET; 11-24-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:00 PM

Read up that the Hamburg Highway has engine problems, someone called KLine and that's why it still hasn't left. Could be stuck for another 2 weeks. :/

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
dennishp@earthlink.net

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search