Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
M3 Competition Package Test Drive

This may not be a popular thread here but I've happily driven a 335i since 2007 and the next step for me has always been the M3. Last week I took a Competition Pack M3 out for a test drive and it was pretty impressive. I was a little concerned over a consistent interior rattle that was hard to localize in this brand new car. Overall, it was a great performer. I must admit I left the test drive even more excited about the car I drove a couple days earlier, the Giulia Quadrifoglio. Quicker, lighter feeling, faster feeling, just way more playful and balanced. No rattles.

This is not intended to be trolling. I'm curious if any other prospective M3 buyers have tried this car and what they thought. BMW is the more time proven car to be sure but I felt driving the Quadrifoglio was an eye opening experience.
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2017, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 M4 Convertible
Just to back you up on this, I went from a 2013 335i to a 16' M4. For the price, features and performance for around town driving, I would have to give my vote for the 335i as a practical choice. I love my M4 and appreciate fast cars, it's just that i can't get the use out of the M4 performance on a day to day basis.

Glenn
Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '17 GTI '16 981 CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerhawk View Post
This is not intended to be trolling. I'm curious if any other prospective M3 buyers have tried this car and what they thought. BMW is the more time proven car to be sure but I felt driving the Quadrifoglio was an eye opening experience.
There is a fresh thread on standard 3 series forum here about impact Giulia will have on 3 series in this market. Personally, Alfa Romeo, wake me up when you get MT and diesel engine choice.

That said, it might have substantially bigger impact on ///M3/4 with QF than normal Giulia on F3x. It is a car with more power, possibly better handling and larger fun factor with Italian flair built-in. Not to mention, it will look as an exotic in most markets here considering low early sales numbers. Just IMO.

2017 Golf GTI |Silver over tartan cloth| MT| Base S, no options. Oh, wait! ... It does have a spare tire!

2016 981 Cayman S | 6-speed MT| Active suspension | Sport Exhaust System | Torque vectoring (with LSD) | Sport seats + | Sport design steering wheel

2013 VW Golf TDI [CONFISCATED]

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010) [SOLD]
Old 01-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4
M3 Competition Package Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbaz View Post
Just to back you up on this, I went from a 2013 335i to a 16' M4. For the price, features and performance for around town driving, I would have to give my vote for the 335i as a practical choice. I love my M4 and appreciate fast cars, it's just that [bold]i can't get the use out of the M4 performance on a day to day basis.[/bold]

Glenn

No biggie, I drive slow for the haters.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
I upgraded from regular F80 to 30th anniversary and the competition package is to die for. The suspension is fantastic, the ride quality of the 20" wheels is butter and what an exhaust note. I drive the **** out the car like it's meant to be driven while being safe and believe me you can use the power every day if you know what you're doing. I also have a 440 gran coupe and although it's a nice car it's nowhere near an M car. To each their own but To me there's nothing like an M car.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
I've had an E46 M3, a 435i, and now an M4 ZCP 6 speed. It's a daily driver right through the MN winters. I find it a very easy car to live with and not much different than my 435i from a daily driving standpoint. The 2 doors and 6 speed have a bigger impact on the daily drive experience than anything else. I do track days and use the performance regularly on the street (where appropriate). I can't imagine not having an M car.

Last edited by StrangeC; 01-14-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeC View Post
I've had an E46 M3, a 435i, and now an M4 ZCP 6 speed. It's a daily driver right through the MN winters. I find it a very easy car to live with and not much different than my 435i from a daily driving standpoint. The 2 doors and 6 speed have a bigger impact on the daily drive experience than anything else. I do track days and use the performance regularly on the street (where appropriate). I can't imagine not having an M car.

Well done. I never got the whole "save miles for the next owner" or "let it sit in the garage for winter" mentality.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche C4S Merc CLS55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerhawk View Post
This may not be a popular thread here but I've happily driven a 335i since 2007 and the next step for me has always been the M3. Last week I took a Competition Pack M3 out for a test drive and it was pretty impressive. I was a little concerned over a consistent interior rattle that was hard to localize in this brand new car. Overall, it was a great performer. I must admit I left the test drive even more excited about the car I drove a couple days earlier, the Giulia Quadrifoglio. Quicker, lighter feeling, faster feeling, just way more playful and balanced. No rattles.

Funny you mention that. I saw Giulia last spring at a show and said "that's my next car" but just bought a very tricked out M3 today.

The Giula simply drips with sex. The press seems to like it. Why it has an automatic transmission and not a dual clutch is beyond me. I mean really? At this price?

Italian interiors are not as durable as BMW. I've owned a few Ferrrari's and they are beautiful but fragile.

I would love to drive one. Hell if it's that good I just put a deposit today on the M3. I could lose $500! How did you get to drive one?
Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: '17 M3 F80
I just recently picked up a 2017 Competition Package. I'm in Love with this car, I'm coming from a 2015 Audi S4 so the M3 definitely is HUGE upgrade.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 M3, 1969 Jag XKE
i went from a 2013 E92 with comp pack to a 2016 F80 with comp pack. The E92 was much more civilized than the F80. The E92 was good at everything including long trips. The F 80 is great when I am by myself and driving hard but for hauling the family or going on a trip more than 2 hours it's harsh. The kids get car sick and the road noise is grating. The 20" tires are noisy and the wind noise is crazy loud.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search