2017 BMW 2 Series IIHS Top Safety Pick+ - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Bimmerfest.com Founder

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
2017 BMW 2 Series IIHS Top Safety Pick+

2017 BMW 2 Series Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick+

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe a Top Safety Pick+, continuing the company's long-standing commitment to offer class-leading safety with each new model. In order to earn a 2017 Top Safety Pick +, a vehicle must earn good ratings in the five IIHS crashworthiness tests - small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints - as well as an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and new for 2017, an acceptable or good headlight rating.

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i - Pricing and ordering guides

Since its introduction in 2014, the BMW 2 Series has been recognized by the IIHS every year for four consecutive appearances. The 2 Series has been praised for its body structure integrity receiving a top rating in all crashworthiness tests. Most recently the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe was awarded a "Top Safety Pick" in the 2017 IIHS TSP/TSP+ in early December 2016. BMW then implemented improvements to the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe headlights. The IIHS evaluated this vehicle at their proving grounds in late December 2016 and was awarded a "GOOD" rating. With this result the 2017 BMW 2 Series earns once again a "Top Safety Pick +" rating.

2017 BMW 3 Series also Earn IIHS Top Safety Pick+

The 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe provides a high-level of standard safety features including BMW Assist eCall, BMW TeleService, Dynamic Stability Control, Brake Dry Assist, Cornering Brake Control and Dynamic Traction Control. Optional features such as Lane Departure Warning, Frontal Collision Warning including Pedestrian Warning and City Collision Mitigation are also available.

Last edited by tim330i; 01-25-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: M240i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
2017 BMW 2 Series Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick+

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe a Top Safety Pick+, continuing the company's long-standing commitment to offer class-leading safety with each new model. In order to earn a 2017 Top Safety Pick +, a vehicle must earn good ratings in the five IIHS crashworthiness tests - small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints - as well as an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and new for 2017, an acceptable or good headlight rating.

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i - Pricing and ordering guides

Since its introduction in 2014, the BMW 2 Series has been recognized by the IIHS every year for four consecutive appearances. The 2 Series has been praised for its body structure integrity receiving a top rating in all crashworthiness tests. Most recently the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe was awarded a "Top Safety Pick" in the 2017 IIHS TSP/TSP+ in early December 2016. BMW then implemented improvements to the 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe headlights. The IIHS evaluated this vehicle at their proving grounds in late December 2016 and was awarded a "GOOD" rating. With this result the 2017 BMW 2 Series earns once again a "Top Safety Pick +" rating.

2017 BMW 3 Series also Earn IIHS Top Safety Pick+

The 2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe provides a high-level of standard safety features including BMW Assist eCall, BMW TeleService, Dynamic Stability Control, Brake Dry Assist, Cornering Brake Control and Dynamic Traction Control. Optional features such as Lane Departure Warning, Frontal Collision Warning including Pedestrian Warning and City Collision Mitigation are also available.
Tim,

Thank you for the information!
It is good to know this!

stt
M240 on order
Old 01-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 440i M3 325iT 2002
I am very curious to know exactly what BMW did to get a "good" rating on the 2 Series HID headlights, previously rated "poor." Did they simply adjust them differently? Is there a design difference?
Also, if you look at the IIHS web site detailed information (print report), there is a chart showing how well the lights hit the IIHS target for a "good" rating. On low beam, the 2 Series HID did hit the marks, but was slightly short on high beam. The 3 Series LED was short of the target on low beam but straight ahead high beam hit the target. 3 Series LED got an "acceptable" grade, so not quite as good at 2 Series HID.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bmw 2 series, bmw crash test, bmw news, iihs crash test, top safety pick iihs

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search