BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Official E90 Press Kit

6K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  HughH 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Good info thanks!

Here's my theory on why the 325i is getting the 3.0L - because they are going to bring over the 130i 5 door as a surprise, and don't want to offend 325i owners!

#5 ·
Donnalee said:
What would the 130i have to do with the 325i ? It is faster than the 330i
I think Americans care more about the size of their engine than how fast the car is. Why else does a 160 hp V6 outsell a 200 hp four? :)

So the theory is not perfect, just shoot me! :D

#6 ·
Thanks for the info sk330i!!!! It was very informative and filled in some of the missing pieces of information that I was looking for.... :thumbup:

#7 ·
:thumbup: Excellent stuff but, with all of that insider documentation, couldn't you have found the invoice prices hanging around somewhere........maybe in a special folder? :tsk:

#8 ·
sk330i said:
One piece of new info is that the Premium Package has power folding exterior mirrors. This is an option that is not mentioned in the ordering guides. My salesman, who sells a ton of bimmers, had no idea when I told him today.
I'm pretty upset I didn't know about this, as I would have ordered the Premium Package. Too late, as I'm "In Production" and the car'll be finished by March 11.
Damn.

#9 ·
RichReg said:
:thumbup: Excellent stuff but, with all of that insider documentation, couldn't you have found the invoice prices hanging around somewhere........maybe in a special folder? :tsk:
With all the leaks of the E90, I'm sure there is only a small group who knows the truth. I've ordered but even my dealer is in the dark. :eek:

#10 ·
RichReg said:
All you need to do to get that info is to sign up for a press login at http://www.press.bmw.com

It's the media kit that was released a few days ago. There's also info on the 7er press kit. The media does not have access to that info, so it wouldn't be there.

#13 ·
:confused: Oh...didn't realize it was that easy to just sign up.
But hey, without Jon Shafer working at a dealership, is there anyway we'll be able to get invoice prices when they come out? :wahwah:

#16 ·
Jim Seattle said:
Another little nugget of info...subwoofers under the front seats. Hmm. I guess that is better then under the back shelf. Hopefully they won't rattle like the HK E46 woofers!
that is actually the best place to have them....you'll see...i have read some studies and since you will feel the vibrations from the subs on your butt...you will actually turn your stereo down about 20% without even thinking about it....you will perceive the music as being a lot louder than it actually is....pretty cool eh?

#19 ·
Test_Engineer said:
I guess I hadn't been following this that close. Is this true? :dunno: What is the difference between a 325 and a 330 then? Why not just drop the 325 for the US?
The 325 is the best selling 3er in the US. In the e90, it has a 3.0L but has been significantly 'detuned' (with a 1 stage intake, not a 3 stage like the 330, different engine software, and different cams) to exactly the same HP and torque specs as the 325 in europe with the 2.5L engine.

BMW claims they did this to meet (future) emissions regulations. Its probably that and then they can say all our cars come standard with a 3.0L engine so the average American consumer will get excited over it.

#21 ·
Jeff_DML said:
wow, dynamic cruise control is standard on both models. Standard sunroof kind of sucks :thumbdwn: seems like bmw is almost going acura way of making everything standard.
Jeff - I am with you, I wish I could get a car I like without sunroof. Come to think about it, same thing for cruise control. To me it's useless, can't remember the last time I used one. Most have been back in the seventies or early eighties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.