BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Comfort access requiring iDrive?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jayo 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched and did not find a defnitive answer...

When comfort access becomes available later this year, will it require the car to have iDrive? I want comfort access, I don't want iDrive. If they're only available together, I'll not wait for comfort access and order my E90 sooner.

TIA,
Brendan

#2 ·
bjacques said:
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched and did not find a defnitive answer...

When comfort access becomes available later this year, will it require the car to have iDrive? I want comfort access, I don't want iDrive. If they're only available together, I'll not wait for comfort access and order my E90 sooner.

TIA,
Brendan
Hi Brendan,

I live in Ireland and I was able to order Comfort Access without iDrive. Excluding VAT & Taxes it cost me €560 (or around $750)

I dont understand why you cant order it until September, as we are getting it from launch. Perhaps there are some regulations in the US that have pushed it out.

Regards,

Jayo

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Jayo.

Do you know how you'll set presets without iDrive? Do it just put the car back to the previous settings?

Also, I'd imagine they're doing a late introduction of Comfort Access as a marketing ploy to keep new features rolling out, sustaining consumer interest. But then again, I'm cynical of all large corporation, having worked at one for longer than I care to admit. :)

#4 ·
bjacques said:
Thanks for the reply, Jayo.

Do you know how you'll set presets without iDrive? Do it just put the car back to the previous settings?

Also, I'd imagine they're doing a late introduction of Comfort Access as a marketing ploy to keep new features rolling out, sustaining consumer interest. But then again, I'm cynical of all large corporation, having worked at one for longer than I care to admit. :)
Hi bjacques,

I don't know - this is my first bimmer!

As far as I know the various memory functions do not need iDrive, but I am not sure how they are stored to the key. I imagine that there is a memory button somewhere in the car that you press in order to save your settings.

Jayo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.