BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No spark need help

393 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mrwoods87 
#1 ·
First post: I need some help. I am in trouble and pretty lost. I bought a 2001 540i M-Sport 6-speed. Nice car, was told it needed a cam sensors. So I bought it not running ( ***128078;***127995;) took it home and starting to work on it. Found that it had a broke timing chain and the motor was locked up. Found a good used motor and Just swapped it in. Also I changed the starter and crank possition sinsor before the swap.

Know I am getting fuel and it is turning over fast but no spark. I have checked the crank sensor and swapped it with a brand new one and still no spark. Pulled the DME? Cover and check power to relay no power on 30 plug. So I pulled the carpet and check power at the 107 fuse have power. But not at the relay.

Where do I go from this point. I was reading a post from a long time ago by h2or2inc and was not able to see where it ended up going.

I am so upside down in the car and need help. Already dropped 2100 in parts and new motor plus the cost to by it. Any ideas why I have no spark but I have fuel?!

Here is the link to the posting:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686480_a__a2_

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.