BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Options and packages for E90

9K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  M3Mad 
#1 ·
I tried searching, but could not find much on it. When will we see what options and packages will be available for the E90? I know we have a list of some of the features, but I have not seen a full list :eeps: .

#2 ·
options

bavarian19 said:
I tried searching, but could not find much on it. When will we see what options and packages will be available for the E90? I know we have a list of some of the features, but I have not seen a full list :eeps: .
A dealer sent me a black and white copy of the full brochure with options and standard features very clearly listed. You should be able to contact your dealer and get this info now.

#4 ·
There's a PDF ordering guide somewhere. I think the only change from it was the color subst (Mystic for Ultramarine) that Shafer posted yesterday.

#5 ·
No performance package?

I see a sport package, a premium package and a cold weather package in the ordering guide? So is there no performance package as there was for the E46? What do I do if I want cloth seats?

And looks like the bigger wheels come included in the sport package ( I guess for the E46 you got to pick them seperately from the sport package though they were included in the performance package.) Does that mean the E90 sport package is the same as the E46 performance package? How much do you guys think the sport package would run up to? THe E46 sport was around 1500$ and performance was around 4000$ so should we expect something between those two for the E90 sport package (given that the wheels come included but things like higher HP and styling don't anymore)?

#6 · (Edited)
fidozoom said:
I see a sport package, a premium package and a cold weather package in the ordering guide? So is there no performance package as there was for the E46?
That is correct - there is no Performance Package for the new 3-series - yet. At the moment, BMW is debating whether to release a Performance Package for the 330 or to simply go for a turbocharged 3-series to fill in the gap between the 330 and the M3. As of now, the former is more likely because BMW is concerned about reliability issues with a turbo.

fidozoom said:
What do I do if I want cloth seats?
Cloth seats are not readily available in the United States - the choices are limited to Leatherette and Dakota Leather. If cloth seats are a must, you might try asking your dealer to ask BMWNA if it is willing to order a car for you with cloth seats. Be prepared to wait a while though. BMWNA does not give in to extra-special requests easily - it often takes months of the dealer asking.

fidozoom said:
And looks like the bigger wheels come included in the sport package (I guess for the E46 you got to pick them seperately from the sport package though they were included in the performance package.)
Not sure what you mean, here. With the E46 3-series, the 323/325 sport package added larger wheels on the sedans and coupes. On the 330 - both coupe and sedan - the sport package only changed the style of the wheels; both measured 17 inches across. Only the E46 330Ci has the option of upgrading to 18 inch wheels as a standalone option. For the Sedan and Coupe, however, the Performance Package added the 18 inch wheels. Of course, in spite of all this, you can put any wheels you want on a car, but again, it takes some coaxing to get BMWNA to let you get your wheels of choice from the factory.

fidozoom said:
Does that mean the E90 sport package is the same as the E46 performance package?
No, the E90 sport package is not the same as the E46 performance package. The E90 330 is about 35 horses more powerful than the outgoing 330i and 20 horses more powerful than a 330 performance package. The performance package, however, offered other stuff that the E90 sport package does not, i.e. alcantara, cube trim, red dials, a unique color (Imola Red), high-performance cloth seats, engine and gearbox adjustments, etc.. The E90 sport package, while somewhat performance enhancing, does not go that far. The E90 330i Sport Package rides 0.6 inches lower than the standard car. The electronic speed limiter is set at 155Mph rather than 128Mph. Otherwise, changes are mostly equipment wise - sports seats with electronically adjustable seat back width, a smaller steering wheel, and bigger wheels.

fizodoom said:
How much do you guys think the sport package would run up to? THe E46 sport was around 1500$ and performance was around 4000$ so should we expect something between those two for the E90 sport package (given that the wheels come included but things like higher HP and styling don't anymore)?
Probably somewhere around the $2000 mark. Remember, not that much more is included with the E90 sport package than the E46 sport package. The E90 sport package offers one inch larger wheels, there is no aerodynamic package on the E90, the E90 sports seats are fancier, and both offer different steering wheels. Both also have different suspensions. Given the improvements in the technology and to account for inflation, the 330i Sport Package should be around $2000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.