BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

need help for my option choices in german market

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fiesta 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I aws following the forum but just joined. :hi: I m gonna order an e90, which I loved from the pictures from germany and need help if you know the answers. I m gonna order 3 20d.

First question: do i get light steel wheel as a standard and if so which shape?
2) I m planning to give order for monaco blue with beige interior. Do you think monaco is a good choice. Isaw some pictures and some of you thinks that it seems as a non metallic colorr but i believe under a light it will be a very good color. if any of you guys have a sample or another picture of this color, I would love to see it.
3) I am going to have NAV installed with voice control system. since I am getting my bmw from germany do you know if they put the voice control for german language or can i have an option for english?
4) lastly, it says mp3 is not compatible with NAV but i guess it is available with CD changer. Does that CD changer need to be factory installed to play mp3 cds or can I buy a cd changer in the future and install it by myself, since the car would have a preparation, and play mp3.

I look forward to end of april since at that time, i will be able to drive my car :thumbup:
thanks a lot
keep me posted if you know anything about german market or know where to get these information.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are buying a German market car from Germany, you can pick any option for your car, that includes the wheels.

The color is very subjective, go for one that you like best, the German dealers will have the cars in the showrooms from March 06, I believe.

Not sure about the other questions.

#3 ·
fiesta said:
Hi guys,

I aws following the forum but just joined. :hi: I m gonna order an e90, which I loved from the pictures from germany and need help if you know the answers. I m gonna order 3 20d.
German options are usually the same as UK options, so I might be able to help. The UK gets a couple of market-specific options packages from the off (ES and SE), but for the base models the same options apply.
First question: do i get light steel wheel as a standard and if so which shape?
They are 16" steel wheels with plastic covers. I believe the design is a flat five or six-star shape, with very wide spokes (the spokes are wider than the gaps between them, if you see what I mean). I would definitely recommend upgrading to 17" wheels, as the big, flared wings (fenders) make car looks under-tyred on 16"s.
2) I m planning to give order for monaco blue with beige interior. Do you think monaco is a good choice. Isaw some pictures and some of you thinks that it seems as a non metallic colorr but i believe under a light it will be a very good color. if any of you guys have a sample or another picture of this color, I would love to see it.
Try a search for Monaco Blue - it's been discussed a few times.
3) I am going to have NAV installed with voice control system. since I am getting my bmw from germany do you know if they put the voice control for german language or can i have an option for english?
I believe it will be set for the prevailing language in the local market but a friend of mine has managed to get his UK-market E46 to work with a strong (and mostly incomprehensible) Geordie accent, so anything is possible :).
4) lastly, it says mp3 is not compatible with NAV but i guess it is available with CD changer. Does that CD changer need to be factory installed to play mp3 cds or can I buy a cd changer in the future and install it by myself, since the car would have a preparation, and play mp3.
It's common for E46 owners to install non-BMW MP3 multichangers and control them from the OEM stereo. I don't see this changing (but can you find a store that would let you try before you buy?).

#4 ·
thank you for your answers andy,
I ve given the order in monaco blue and dakotla beige leather. and I guess I ll have to wait and see for whatt comes. I also believe the voice control will come in german language. I hope that I will be able to change it to english. I also hope monaco is good color, it really seemed a dark non shiny color on the pictures of e90 on the snow. but still i go on with that color. the strange thing is nobody did give an order for MB or discusses about it a lot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.