BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

used GDO mirror for X3?

970 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Supercourse 
#1 ·
I covet my wife's three button remote garage door opener rear view mirror. I just don't covet it $700 worth.

Can I put "any" BMW GDO mirror in? I have the clown nose mirror (2004 X3). Is it just plug and play? Any idea on the difficulty in doing it myself? Any good reliable junkyard sources for such?

And finally, since I have so many questions, I'd like to put a small cord up there for a radar detector. Is there a power source that I can easily access up in the cover, on the interior compartment side of the rain sensor? The cover that the mirror attachment post disappears in to?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
try ebay or some other online retailers. I think you can get one for $300-$400. Do a search, someone here also has a 330 and did an extensive write up on that forum.

Don't know about the power source, but is you pull down the plastic over head cover as is to access the manual sun-roof control, there is an unplugged wire there - not sure what it is for though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.