BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 M3 to get unique body design

23K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  asnpcwiz 
#1 ·
From Left Lane News:
Unlike past generations of the iconic sports car, the 2007 BMW M3 coupe will receive an entirely unique body design, according to a report in Germany's AutoBild magazine. In recent months, the magazine has stood by its computer rendering of the car (shown right - click to zoom), despite consistent indications that the new 3-Series coupe would feature a less radical design. It now appears that while the 3-Series coupe and convertible will not stray too far from their sedan and wagon counterparts, the M3 will take on a much more aggressive and upscale appearance. Traditionally, the M3 has simply used a lowered 3-Series body with added cladding and other minor visual upgrades. The new M3, expected as either a 2007 or 2008 model, will feature an new V8 engine derived directly from the company's new V10 engine from the M5 and M6 performance cars. Output is expected as high as 425 horsepower. Meanwhile, Audi is said to be readying its own answer to the M3 - the RS5 coupe. The car will likely use the same engine as the RS4, with output boosted to around 450 horsepower. AutoBild has posted a new RS5 computer rendering, which is clearly a derivative of the forthcoming Nuvolari-inspired A5 coupe.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2005/12/23/report-2007-bmw-m3-coupe-to-get-unique-body-rs5-news/

See less See more
#27 ·
If the 2 cars above are supposed to be the new m3 then I am going to get my deposit back from the dealer.

I like the photo job I posted a week or so ago.

I think this M3 is going to be something very special. The M3 series is fast becoming legendary and I think BMW will have this very much in mind during the design process.

It will always appeal to people like me who want something fast and sporty but don't want to go to the luxobarge M5 or M6. Only joking about the luxobarge guys.

With the M3, BMW have the perfect car to compete with Porche and gain ever more of the lucrative need for speed presige market. After all Porche are by far the most profitable per unit car company in the world.

In my opinion the new M3 will be very different from the standard 3 series and will have performance and handeling second to few. That's why my deposit will stay at the dealer for the time being.:)

Attachments

#28 ·
I could care less if they used the same parts as the E90 3 series...as long as they change the rear tail lights, I'll be happy. I wish that BMW didn't sway from the L lights, I liked those much more than the new lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.