BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Interior wind noise

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  tberardi 
#1 ·
There is a wind noise in interior coming from bottom right windshield area, seems like around top of dashboard area on passenger side. Sometimes it comes and goes, but is evident about 90% of the time. Any ideas what this may be are appreciated? It is a 2001 740i.

#5 ·
It was a small piece of wood (a stick). :) Unfortunately, after test drive, the noise is still there. It is the SSHHHH sound coming from right pax side at top of dash area. Sometimes it is louder than others, and very very seldomly, it is not there, but only briefly (a matter of seconds to a minute or so).:( Any other suggestions?

#6 ·
Does your vehicle speed change the volume/sound level?

Does the A/C fan speed make a difference? Or if you switch from recirculation to fresh air and back?

Have you ever checked/changed the under dash cabin air recirculation filters?

#7 ·
Vehicle speed does not change the sound/noise level. Did notice with a/c on if i turned up fan on right (passenger) it did get louder with an increase in fan speed. when i turn up fan on left interior there is no increase in noise. i don't believe interior cabin filters have been changed in quite some time.

#8 · (Edited)
Check to make sure the gaskets and plastic inserts at the bottom of the windsheild

are all in place and no sections missing. This has been known to cause the problems you mention. It sometimes happens after a windsheild has been replaced.
I am reffering to the area along the windsheild under the wipers after you lift the hood up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.