BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

241K views 399 replies 209 participants last post by  Six-Demon-Bag 
#1 ·
The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

what up fellas i just finished payin off this car ive had for a about 2 yrs. i see like 05 06 6ers for around 40 45. besides the sick look of the ride any body wanna add something to further convince. the price and looks got me already. Thanks.

#75 ·
I just came across a 1988 635csi and am in love with it... My mechanic has already given me a (short) list of what to watch out for, but am curious about any opinions about this era, and if there are any issues I should be aware of. Although I wanted a manual trans, this one's an automatic...darn.

#79 ·
That Bad

Leased my BMW 3 yrs ago. Sexiest looking car but that's it. Lease is up in Aug. but ready to return it today. And btw, don't even bother with the safe lease. Biggest waste of money. Anyone interest in my experience, please let me know. :thumbdwn:
i would like to know what happened

#80 ·
PRETTY BAD! I leased a 2007 model. Nothing but transmission problems. I took it back to the dealer several times. I told the dealer that it needs a software upgrades. (Most auto shop sees this problem and suggested software upgrade). There were rude and said there's no problem with the transmission. I started to check around on the internet and asked several of my friends. SAME PROBLEM. Erratic shifting and shift to the high gear too soon. Jerky gear shift. It is so bad that I feel so unsafe for the last 2 years and half. One of my friend's BMW actually went thru their garage into the living room when trying to park the car in the garage. I took my kids to the school and almost went into a group of kids. I will honestly say that the car is DANGEROUS. We have, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari 599 GT and Lotus at home. It's not that I can't handle a fast car. This is simply a biggest piece of junk. I do have a 2002 BMW Z8, it's a nice car tho. To make the matter worse, I just found out the safe lease insurance I bought was a lie and a plus. The sales person told me with this insurance, all I have to do is drop off the key when my lease ended. No fuss and no worries. That is not the case!!! I found out yesterday that I will need to schedule for inspection, after the inspection I will get a list of anything that needs to be repaired. Then I submit that to the insurance company, then they will cut a check to BMW, after this, I will have to pay for all of the money I owed. After everything is done correctly, I have to bring the car the the dealer and drop of the key. So, I questioned the BMW inspector yesterday, I said basically your sales people LIE to me about this insurance. She said "YES! but I'm the inspector!!!" This whole lease return is going to cost at least 2 months to process. Luckily I'm ready to return this piece of junk 4 months early. Anyway, it is so bad that I'm willing to pay $5000 + ??? $wears & tear for a car I won't have until the lease ends, but I'm so happy that I'm out of this Dangerous car. If you check around the internet, you will find a lot of unhappy ex-BMW owner out there with the same transmission problem. Even the tow truck driver told me that the most cars he towed was the 6 series BMW. Hopefully I give you enough information. My intention of the lease was to give it a try and buy a M6. NOT!!!!

#88 ·
I think you just got a bad one most ppl on here have relatively good experiences especially while their cars are still under warrenty. I dont know why your dealer didnt take better care of you. 70k for a car you would think they would want to keep the customer as happy as possible. Oh and you have way better taste then our CFO he drives a Lexus we laugh everytime he pulls in that thing who cares if it parks itself.

#89 ·
It's such a shame that the car was so beautiful made. I did have a good experience when I returned the car last week. The dealer took the car and no questions were asked. The cars we have in the family are shared between my crazy brother and crazy husband. I do get to enjoy them when they get tired of them. Lucky me!!!

#102 ·
Question about extended warranty

First time owner of BMW.

Purchased a 2007 650i Convertible with 4,500 miles and have 7 months left on original warranty.
I currently only drive 7K miles annually.

Is it worth it to buy extended warranty?
Also would anyone suggest to bring the Car into dealership for once over before warranty expires?

Appreciate your input and feedback.

BW

#103 ·
Absolutely!! The extended warranty is a great piece of mind, with the 6's out of pocket repairs can be expensive so I definitely recommend a warranty. I'd check into a CPO warranty extension or go with Easy Care warranty program. Easy Care is the only warranty program that C & D vouches for.

#105 ·
Just bought my first bimmer. Love it!!!! I am a vert guy once you own 1 you cant go back to putting steel over your head again, as far as price just bought blk on blk vert 39000 miles cpo bmw 2year warrenty from bmw (car was on showroom floor) meticulisly maintained asking price was 43995 got it for 38500 so shop around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.