BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

528 Xi Order - Time Line - Please Share your time line

9K views 125 replies 15 participants last post by  PeterC4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys/Gals

Thanks to the members of this forum, I was able to negotiate a great deal for my 528Xi. I ordered the car on Friday Oct 28th.

I got a production number and status 112 as of 10-28-11. Dont know how long it will take for me to get the car. The sales associate says before end of the year?

I would like to get a status update from others in the same build status.

Thanks in advance.

#34 ·
Zimo

Amazing. Never knew you could do it this way with out having to call the SA.
You learn some thing every day.
Does this track it to the dealer or it stops at port in NewYork?
Do you know?

#37 ·
Amazing. Never knew you could do it this way with out having to call the SA.
You learn some thing every day.
Does this track it to the dealer or it stops at port in NewYork?
Do you know?
Only up to the port. So lets say the ship lands at the port on the 28th, it takes up to 3 days to get it processed and ship at the vdc and then another 1-2 days to get to the dealership. :)

#46 ·
Peter

Your dealer taking the fun out of the whole buying experience.
Can't they give you a production # then you can find the VIN number from the BMW web site.
Or they caan give you the VIN number and you can then find out in which ship it is on, with out the dealer's help.
Dang...:mad:

#48 ·
Peter
Then the production number is wrong. If you have the production number and if you enter it in BMWUSA, I guess in your case Canada website, it will pull up the VIN number and the status of the vehicle.

#56 ·
I tried both Prod and VIN and same issue, not recognized... I thin BMW Canada and USA are two different companies so its very likely that that information will not show up between them...

I looked all over the Canadian site for the same feature (which is very clearly on the USA site) and it doesn't exist or buried very well;

#54 ·
Strange

Strange that they wont share the VIN number with you?
It is your car, you ordered it, what is the problem here?
At least in US, the dealers seem to give the win number.
May be you can call BMW Canada and ask them for the VIN?
They may be able to give it to you and also a status report on the car?

#61 ·
Thats the code the dealers see in there system; I have seen it on there screen so its valid; It is maybe because the US destined orders are in different ships, and maybe they fill faster than Canada Bound orders? Or maybe they made a typo when they sent me serial number?

Anyways; I guess I have to wait! I'm still wondering when it will be here; They said 6-8 weeks to me, so I'm kinda hoping to get it sooner...

I'll check by mid-week and see if anything has changed, and confirm the serial number is right also again on monday....

#62 ·
When you order a car the question is always, when is the dealer's next allotment in the production line. When I ordered mine, they had a 5 series allocation set aside for me. So I ordered it on the 29th, but it went into production shortly thereafter as there was a car in the production line up allotted to me dealer.

#66 · (Edited)
It's Here In the East Coast

Horray...

I have spotted the Glorious leader just as it appeared in the AIS system after it's Atlantic crossing. It is just off the coast of Halifax.

It should be in NY in 2 days.. :angel:

:thumbup::rofl:

#68 ·
Zimo
The WW website still says that the Glorious leader will leave Halifax today and is expected in NY on 12-1-11. Even if this gets pushed by a day then we should have the cars in NY by Ded 2nd or 3rd. 3 Days for VDC and 3 days to dealer, 2 days for prep. So unless some thing grossly goes wrong we should have the cars by the 10th.. :( you are correct 2nd week for us to get our hands on our cars.

#71 ·
ETA 5 AM Thursday AM. Dec 1st at Newark

Glorious Leader
ETA at Newark.. Thursday, December 1st at 5 AM.
So my car will be with the VDC until Monday the 5th and hopefully be on the road to Albany on Monday.
2 days max -Hopefully, prutty please- :cry: -and will be in the dealership by Wednesday Dec 7th?
And I can get my hands on the car by Saturday Dec 10th?????
:angel::bigpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.