BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW/MINI of South Atlanta

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  f5racing 
#1 ·
We had given our mini cooper S for the annual oil change and for service bulletin work concerning the exhaust pipes. we had been handwashing the car right from the new car prep onwards, and I specifically asked them to not wash the car.

at the end of the work, we found out that the car was washed and had swirls all over the paint. from my hand washes it did have minor swirling but these used to be in one direction only. The car now had spider webbing all over the place. When we brought this to the SA's attention, the service manager stepped in. Despite the florid spider webbing, this guy felt there were no swirls, but with a patronizing manner, offered to have the car detailed. Naive fools that we were, we left the car for a day. The car still had the spider webbing without any change from before, although it now looked waxed. At this point the SA informed me that they 'buffed' the swirls out. when I mentioned the need for polishing out the swirls, I was given the explanation that their experienced detailers work on $140K cars. I approached the service manager, who re-iterated the fact that they work on 120-140K cars.

The current status is, I am now trying to find reliable detailers to get quotes from, so the dealership would pay for getting the swirls removed. Hopefully this will work out. I do understand that it was a mistake when they washed the car. That we had to waste so much time and effort for this stupid mistake and be treated in this condescending manner
on top, has made this a very disagreeable experience.

(on e90post: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186304)

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about this. Is there anything I can do to help? Let me know. I apologize in advance that this has caused you any inconvenience.

What color is your Mini Cooper S?

You're welcome to email me at adriansbmw@gmail.com

#3 ·
Our E60 was returned to us with what looked like scratched from a belt on the Left quarter panel and trunk lid. Both were down to primer. They offered to buff them out too. I now drive 120 miles round trip to the next closest dealer. The request/demand to have an outside company correct the mistake was met with the same condescending attitude by the service adviser, service manager, and customer relations manager. The only person that seemed to care was Adrian, and he wasn't even our salesperson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.