BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What is your interior color on your X5

interior color choice

9K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  MAPC 
#1 ·
What is your interior choice on your X5?

#6 ·
Cinnamon, and would order it again :thumbup:

#7 ·
The biggest mistake I have made is getting a light color interior. BMW leather is crap. It picks up blue die from jeans. It also does not wear well. I have to use a 10 to 1 water to Woolite mix every couple of weeks just to keep the leather it's original color. My wife pointed out that our Italian leather couches which are a similar shade as the beige interior get cleaned once every 6 months and never pick up the blue die from blue jeans. Once again there is no acceptable excuse for BMW's poor materials quality.

#8 ·
Nappa Beige. Its sooo soft and In my expierience holds up well, I had it in my old x3, 2007 X5, and ordered it in my 2011 X5, which I plan on keeping for quite a while. The cinnamin is nice but too trendy form me. Im set in my ways, although I did change my extierior from White to Black! ooo risky arent I

#9 ·
We have been struggling with Cinnamon vs. Oyster for our 35d that will be Deep Sea Blue. Oyster is sharp but Cinnamon looks pretty rich and should hold up better. 2 kids and the blue jeans factor are pushing us to Cinnamon but I will admit that the Oyster is the best visual match with DSB.

We finalize our order tomorrow night so I am close to the point of no return.

#10 ·
I think pfbz is right...Oyster for a lease and cinnamon for a buy. Love the Oyster with DSB and I went with it but if I didn't lease I would've gone with beige for hiding the dirt better.

I have the beige in my 535i and never had the blue jean color die problem.

#11 ·
I have only had my oyster interior for about 3 weeks now, so hard for me to comment. But in my 535i, I have the creme colored interior, and only now, 24 months into the lease, am I starting to notice some color on the drivers seat. With a little elbow grease, the seat will be like new. I wouldn't let that discourage anyone from making this color choice. Totally worth it in my opinion... but it is just that, my opinion.

#12 ·
love tobacco but not the brown carpet, so stayed with black... again. Did go with light poplar rather then the dark bamboo I have on my current 535.

#14 ·
Oyster is the color for me, looks regal with deep blue (or black), we usually have dress pants instead of blue jeans, and all our jeans are pre-washed from factory. We also got the BMW protection package for interior and exterior. Don't deprive yourself from the color you want.
Say no more...

#15 ·
I got mine with Oyster and it looks incredibly sharp. I personally think the cinnamon is the least attractive of the available colors, but to each his own. I may have to clean it more often, but it's worth it to me since it just looks so damn good (dare I say sexy?)!

#17 ·
I find the poll, with Cinnamon leading, very interesting. My CA tried to talk me out of it as he said that 'no one likes it' and that it will impact resale! I LOVED it so it was sort of a no brainer for me! Glad to see that there are so many other Cinnaphiles out there.

For the record, I like Oyster too but it was just too light for my purposes-- none of the other colors even remotely appealed to me.

#18 · (Edited)
My wife loved the cinnamon brown leather, but I convinced her to get the Oyster, to me, it's more luxurious, it's like a fine leather couch in a 5th Ave Pent-House.
It's very interesting the cinnamon is the most common color, over tan or black.

It's her $80k Birthday Present X5, so perhaps she won't mind when I get my GT3 or Panamera :) (undecided yet. 2 teenage kids... you know)

#19 ·
GT3 or Panamera :) (undecided yet.
Really? Those are the two options?

I'd be in a lexus before I was in a panamera.:thumbup:

#20 ·
Toyota/Lexus are a bit shaken lately so future parts and delivery times are uncertain.
Panamera is ugly from the back, but I just like the extra room. and I've seen nice body kits coming out.

back to the subject... the BMW interior colors are nice, but I wish they'd come up with more options and materials...

#28 ·
bretskyg - cut a piece out from your driver seat (driver seat only as the other seats wont work!!), approximately 6"x6". Fedex overnight to me, and I will post the name of the color here before noon tomorrow. And since you are from my part of the country, I will be your buddy and do it for free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.