BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Jet Black and Dealer Prep

957 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BimmerRat 
#1 ·
I have put in a deposit for a Jet Black 335xi (black leatherette, MT, sports, cold weather packages) that has arrived at the port two days ago, and is going to be at the dealer's late this week.
Having read the several threads on the forum regarding Jet Black and swirling and spiderwebbing, should I ask the dealer not to 'prep' it prior to delivery? I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Incidentally, the invoice was 40325, and OTD price is 42225. How does this deal sound?

Thanks.

#2 ·
This is something I'd like to hear about as well. I certainly want the dealer to "prep" the car, but more on point.... I sure as heck don't want swirls/scratches on the thing before I take delivery! What say all of you on this one?

Doug

#5 ·
I,ve had 2 jet blk bmw's from new 1992 325i and 2001 330i and only I detail them,,,
325i was power buffed on delivery never got swirls out , could only hide them,but I knew they were there...330i had written in deal no power buffing and never had swirl problem,,
jmho

#6 ·
Mine was prepped with just a normal wash and hand wax job. The vertical and diagonal vacuum patterns in the carpet was a nice touch though. :p

Paint looked awesome for the first 3 weeks. After you wash your jetblack car for the first time... it all goes down hill from there, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.