BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New to 7series.

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  M3-Namja 
#1 ·
New to these neck of the woods...

Coming from E46 M3 ZCP, our 2012 750Li is completely different animal.
Here's a picture of the 750Li

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car

Here are the specs:
2012 750Li xDrive
20,500miles
MPackage
Every Option minus night vision
30% tint all the way around
50% on windshield
Valentine 1
Mtec AE led
Front bumper orange reflector tinted

Look forward to sharing and learning about the F02. Cheers

See less See more
#5 ·
New to these neck of the woods...

Coming from E46 M3 ZCP, our 2012 750Li is completely different animal.
Here's a picture of the 750Li

View attachment 496917 View attachment 496918

Here are the specs:
2012 750Li xDrive
20,500miles
MPackage
Every Option minus night vision
30% tint all the way around
50% on windshield
Valentine 1
Mtec AE led
Front bumper orange reflector tinted

Look forward to sharing and learning about the F02. Cheers
Welcome, you didn't waste any time! Get a BMS Stage 1 Tune and consider a pedal box and you will enjoy your 7 even more.

#8 ·
Thank you for the welcome. Current mods were must haves, OEM AE made me want to take the car back and get a '13 but the deal was too good for such low miles. Windshield tint I highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have it done.

How much gains in the BMS tuning? Next mods are h&r springs and spacers. Possibly the quad exhaust tips.

#14 ·
Thank you for the welcome. Current mods were must haves, OEM AE made me want to take the car back and get a '13 but the deal was too good for such low miles. Windshield tint I highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have it done.

How much gains in the BMS tuning? Next mods are h&r springs and spacers. Possibly the quad exhaust tips.
I agree, not sure why almost no one tints their windshield. Biggest piece of glass at the greatest angle letting in the most heat. All my vehicles have the windshields tinted, cuts down on the heat significantly.

#19 ·
There is a specific exception in the law for law enforcement vehicles.

I worry about someone with heavily tinted windows not being able to see me or my black lab in the dark. But, fix-it tickets are given out like candy here in San Mateo so I don't see too many.

jeff

#21 ·
Do they usually put the front window tint on the outside of the windshield, or on the inside as on other panels?

Black labs are pretty stealthy. Guess you gotta give those beasts some reflective dog clothing to keep them safe from even non-tinted vehicles. My pedestrian detection night vision will pick em up though. Gives me a little deer symbol when it sees four legged heat signatures.

#24 ·
Do they usually put the front window tint on the outside of the windshield, or on the inside as on other panels?
Yup, inside. We have the M6 windshield tinted and I guarantee you will love it, especially in a black car.

#22 ·
Windshield tint is put on inside just like other panels. It's not only blocks UV and keeps are cool and interior protected. I need it to keep glare down at night driving. Also helps a lot in the rain, you don't get the glare from incoming headlights.

Side note: dropped off the car at the dealer about having my key programed to remotely put the windows up. They told me each vehicle is different and my car may not be able to to do such thing. I didn't buy into that and told them I had it even in my 06 M3. They decided to keep the car till Monday. It would help a bunch if you guys can post videos of your F02 remotely putting windows up and closing your boots lids. Thank you

#23 ·
Surprised your dealer will even do that for you. Mine wouldn't even code off the auto start-stop on my 7. Here's the code changes for trunk, mirrors+windows.

- Enable key fob and driver side door handle to close the trunk (requires powered trunk)
HKFM => 3010 => TASTER_FBD => aktiv HKFM => 3010 => SCH_TOEHKI => aktiv HKFM => 3010 => SCH_FBD => aktiv
- Enable key fob and driver side door handle to fold mirrors* and close windows and moon roof
CAS => 3003 => KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB => aktiv
CAS => 3003 => KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA => aktiv
FRM => 3020 => ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN => aktiv
* To change mirror fold delay
CAS -> 3003 -> KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN => Werte= 05 for 0.5 sec, 0A for 1 sec, 0F for 1.5 sec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.