BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Environmental Charges for repair order?

761 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  A B Able Truck 
#1 ·
I just ordered an additional key fob for my 2011 750xi as I only have one. I picked up the key all programmed and just noticed on the bottom of the bill:
Program new key $142.50 Labor
Radio remote control $281.55 Parts
Integrated key $43.39 Parts

Sub Total $467.44

"Customer pay environmental charges for repair order.....$32.86

Total $520.61

Can someone explain what this last charge is?

#4 ·
Apples and Oranges not fair that's an American truck. Try buying a key for your 7 Series. It is most definitely stealing. I challenge anyone to tell me how buying a new key and having it programmed constitutes and environmental hazard fee. I understand the concept, sure if I was disposing of a battery or tires or old engine oil sure but nothing was disposed of. As if over four hundred bucks for a key isn't bad enough the dealer sticks it to me for another 32 bucks. Now where is that Mercedes dealership with all those S class cars for sale on the lot? Oh yes just down the street from this BMW dealer. Why does BMW keep pushing me away from their brand? I've had horrible results from their CCP and service an now the parts dept. is jumping right on the bandwagon. Is business so good for BMW they can pull these kinds of stunts? Deplorable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.