BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Would you still lease a 2015 7 Series

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Alpine300ZHP 
#1 ·
I am still undecided on what my next car will be but the 740i is in the running. There are some really good deals on it right now. With the two cars in my range both going to a new design soon (the other being the 550) Im not sure what I want to do. The LI is nice with the back seat room but is out of the price I want to pay for this model.

If you guys were in the market right now would you go for a 740i? If not what alternatives would you look at?

#2 ·
If you're leasing it and you like the car & the price, absolutely. Think about it, under full warranty & full maintenance during the lease period. With the new 7, it will be more expensive anyway and may need to work out some 1st year kinks. Good luck!

#4 ·
I'd recommend the Li, but 740 all the way. My 2011 comes out of CPO in 14 months. I'm planning to buy the most recently built 740Li (F02) available no matter what the G looks like in real life.

#5 ·
I'm thinking about doing a two year as the deal is still good. It would get me into the 2nd year of the new 7 as well. Was looking at the Li but seems like the best seat in the house is in the back which I wont get to enjoy. I do like the larger look though.

#6 ·
You'd be surprised how often you find yourself in the backseat once you spend a little time there.

Next time someone asks to drive your car, hand them the keys and climb into the back!

It's also helpful for baby car seats. Enough space to put it behind the front passenger seat and still keep it comfortable up front.

Add in fold down tables and footrests....Ultimate Riding Machine!

#7 ·
I would lease. I would never buy. I just turned in my 2012 750i AH7. My car on order is a 2015 550i.

#11 · (Edited)
And I was originally going to lease for 24 months, figuring in the tax credit. But I honestly can't complain with TX taxes - no income tax is the big benefit that outweighs the sales tax treatment on leases and high property taxes.

You can get a sales tax credit if you trade your car into the dealer, paying tax on the difference between new car and trade in. Naturally, TX dealers understand the benefit of this, and treat accordingly. It's just that competitive a market (right now). Many folks on the board just buy out of state, and eat the tax.

#16 ·
Around $700 a month all things considered. Carbon Black.

#18 ·
I disagree on the L. It increases the weight significantly, it compromises power and handling as a result and is frankly unnecessary for most purposes. My 6'1" son has plenty of room even with my seat back. I also think the L does not look as good as the back doors look longer than the front doors. It also costs more and does not fit in a lot of garages. But if you just need to have that "L" on the badge by all means do it. L can mean a lot of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.