BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Finally Pulled the Trigger

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Momos750 
#1 · (Edited)
After more than 7 months scouring the USA for a 2011-2012 750 M Sport, I happened upon one in my own backyard, at a Hyundai dealer of all places. Price, terms, options, and only 11,000 miles all came together and an hour after seeing it, I drove it home.
2011 750 Li xDrive M Sport, Jet Black over Black. Cold Weather, Luxury seating front and rear, Comfort.

The car really doesn't have much of a service history. One oil change and I think that's about it. I'm taking the key to my local BMW dealer tomorrow so they can check on what's really been done to it. I have a" bumper to bumper" warranty from the guys I bought it from and my local BMW guys said they would honor it. I'll see if I can get some decent non iPhone pics up, but it's not anything you guys haven't seen before. Jet black is an amazing paint. I've told my wife she's not allowed to wash it, that I would take care of that (it's her car).

Active Roll Stabilization is AMAZING. I've heard comments about it on here before how great it was, so I kind of waited until I found one with it. I drove two back to back, one without, and the one I bought with it, and it blew me away. HUGE difference. Thanks for all the feedback.

Because of the age of the car and the low miles, is there anything I should take care of right away or be on the lookout for? The car was bought in Utah, shipped to Florida, where it spent most of its life in the garage. Then it was shipped back here and sold to the dealer where I bought it. Factory warranty ran out one month ago.

PS: The RWS is present and accounted for!

See less See more
#4 ·
Not sure I would want to do that on a 750??? I kind of like the wide exhaust?
Why want to look like a 760 and have the 750 badge? But it is just me... Dunno?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#5 ·
Congrats on the new ride! No membership until pics of RWS.:rofl: Uncompromising 7er forum rules . . . I didn't make it.

Does it have IAS along with ARS? With IAS, this boat turns like a Smart car. :thumbup: Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it does turn better than my e60 with active steering.

#8 ·
Welcome~!! I would code the car, auto fold mirrors, one touch unlock, start-up warnings disabled, trunk open from button inside, auto headlights default on, etc. (Can't remember all of them off the top of my head), V/r, Tim

#10 ·
Regarding the quad tips, I understand your query. But a lot of us debadge our 7s. I've debadged every car I've owned (Audis, MBs and BMWs) as I like the cleaner look. And most of us aren't trying to be poseurs and convince people that we have a 760 when we have a 750. I personally just love the look of the quad tips, makes the car look more aggressive, especially since I already have the M package with the more aggressive body package (well, bumpers...). Just a thought.

And yes to coding. I still haven't done that but I will eventually. And get a pedal box for sure.

#18 ·
No disrespect, but I always a smile on my face when I hear " I am not a poseur excuse"... Just like saying that the guy with a 760 wants to look like a 750 or 740, or take the B7 out of mine... really? OK, enough pushing your buttons... To each their own...

#12 ·
Congratulations! That is a dream car.

Now I'm intrigued by the quad tips. I was going to debadge but found a blacked out set. I'm going to see how that looks.

#13 ·
blacked out emblems are a nice way to go as well. The quad tips need some cutting with a dremel, do a search, pretty easy to do also but make sure if you do it, get a corded, NOT cordless, dremel tool

#14 ·
I went to ebay to see when my blacked out badge numbers would be in and it said Feb 3rd! I didn't realize I was buying them from Asia. Only paid $18 so no biggie. I will debadge in the meantime. I know how to get the numbers off with dental floss but what is the best way to get the glue residue off without harming or scratching the finish? Last time I did it I didn't do a good careful job and did a whammy on my top layer clear coat.

The hijacking of this thread will be over once I have the answer to my question, a helicopter outside within 3 hours, and 1 BILLION DOLLARS.

#15 ·
congrats, Ive been on the hunt for an msport myself!!!:thumbup:

#17 ·
After more than 7 months scouring the USA for a 2011-2012 750 M Sport, I happened upon one in my own backyard, at a Hyundai dealer of all places. Price, terms, options, and only 11,000 miles all came together and an hour after seeing it, I drove it home.
2011 750 Li xDrive M Sport, Jet Black over Black. Cold Weather, Luxury seating front and rear, Comfort.

The car really doesn't have much of a service history. One oil change and I think that's about it. I'm taking the key to my local BMW dealer tomorrow so they can check on what's really been done to it. I have a" bumper to bumper" warranty from the guys I bought it from and my local BMW guys said they would honor it. I'll see if I can get some decent non iPhone pics up, but it's not anything you guys haven't seen before. Jet black is an amazing paint. I've told my wife she's not allowed to wash it, that I would take care of that (it's her car).

Active Roll Stabilization is AMAZING. I've heard comments about it on here before how great it was, so I kind of waited until I found one with it. I drove two back to back, one without, and the one I bought with it, and it blew me away. HUGE difference. Thanks for all the feedback.

Because of the age of the car and the low miles, is there anything I should take care of right away or be on the lookout for? The car was bought in Utah, shipped to Florida, where it spent most of its life in the garage. Then it was shipped back here and sold to the dealer where I bought it. Factory warranty ran out one month ago.

PS: The RWS is present and accounted for!
^^^ this. :thumbup:

#19 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bmw
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bmw
Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Family car Executive car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Automotive exterior Mode of transport Vehicle Car Windshield
Property Ceiling Light Lighting Wall

Here's some photos finally. I put some shots of the rear seat in because the rear seat package seems to be kind of rare. Only two back seats. The middle is a plastic bin. RWS is different too. The tires are the 19" winter tires we put on for the (lack of) snow we usually get here. Summer wheels are the ****'s. The last pic is of the inside of the glove box. The little plastic switch at the back moves up and down. Anyone know what it does?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.