BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MY 2012 X6 Recall

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Itinj6 
#1 ·
My wife was driving our 2012 50i when the car just shut off nearly causing her to crash. Luckily, she kept her composure and saved herself and the vehicle.

Long story short, we brought the car in and the SA told us that there was a software recall that caused this to happen. We were never notified of such recall and rather irritated about it as well. This is a potentially dangerous problem.

Has anyone heard of this software recall? If not, consider this a friendly heads-up and bring the car in immediately for the sake of you and your loved ones.

Not sure if this applies to other MY's and or the 35i.

#2 ·
Brianraysmith

I just had my 12x650i in for a parking gear issue...they had an upgrade software notice on the paper work and preformed that upgrade. I could not get anyone to tell me what it was for? Still will pursure this....how did they list it on your service papers?

Will update as soon as more infor?

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input and update. I've been looking for the service report since you posted. My wife took it and put it somewhere. I most definitely remember it saying the word "RECALL" printed on it but I can't remember the words following and/or preceding it.

Regardless, this can put someone in a potentially very dangerous situation and I'm wondering why BMW hasn't informed their customers in advance of this recall. For one, they waited until we had an engine stall and two, you went in for an entirely different reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.