BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A question about profiles (I don't know if it is working properly)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rick550i 
#1 ·
My understanding from the manual and from the dealer is that different key fobs can be set with different profiles that are activated when you unlock the car. My wife and I have different fobs and different profiles that were set with each fob. But when you unlock and start the car it always stays with the last selected profile. If I want my settings I need to manually select my profile and then hit the memory 2 button on the door.

The other way it works is to just set my wife's setting to m1 and mine to m2. Then if she last drove the car I need to open the door, push m2, hold it until all adjustments are finished, then sit down. Otherwise my knees get jammed against the steering wheel.

The dealer said it wasn't working properly because my battery was low. He changed the battery, but no difference. I don't know if I am missing something or it is just not working right?

#2 ·
While in possession of your FOB and your wife's out of range, program the seats, mirrors, steering column etc to your preferences with the ignition/ engine on.
Press M and then 1 or 2.
Then:
Settings > Doors/ Lock (forgot the wording of it) > move seat when unlocking (also forgot the wording, not in my car right now).

Please report back.

#3 ·
Yeah, I think that did it. I had to do my fob twice. For some reason it only did half the settings the first time. Now it switches profiles and settings whoever opens the door.

So, should each fob (or each profile) have two independent settings (m1 and m2)? I don't know why the dealer couldn't have explained it or help me set it up. Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.