BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Having a hard time

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  djackso 
#1 · (Edited)
Long story short. I crashed my e60 a few months ago. Totaled it.

Now trying to find a 2011-2012 F10 with the following
Navi
Cold weather package
Black ex and black interior
M sport package
Premium 1 and 2
Tech package (on 2012)

Then I will get the 2017 5 series

Problem is everytime I find the rare m sport, something's off. Ether too many miles, production date is in 2010, isn't color combo I want, ect

What should I do? I found one but the production date is 11.11.2010. When did they start fixing all the problems and complaints?

Any suggestions, I'm going nuts

#4 ·
Cant comment on when they fixed issues, but my m sport has a 10/2010 production date, and according to the repair history, it experienced the mis-firing/drivetrain malfunction at 4000k. According to the history, since then there have been no problems. If you're buying a car with a warranty though, at least you have some backup.

Regarding your search, I went through the same thing a few months ago. I wanted m sport with very specific options. In the end, despite a very extensive search, I could not find the exact car I wanted. I ended up compromising on the color. I wanted white, but ended up with dark graphite. In exchange I got pretty much everything else I wanted. My experience is that if you must have the m sport, finding exactly what you want will be extremely difficult.

Also, you sure you want black? I'll never do black again; swirl marks...

#6 ·
Cant comment on when they fixed issues, but my m sport has a 10/2010 production date, and according to the repair history, it experienced the mis-firing/drivetrain malfunction at 4000k. According to the history, since then there have been no problems. If you're buying a car with a warranty though, at least you have some backup.

Regarding your search, I went through the same thing a few months ago. I wanted m sport with very specific options. In the end, despite a very extensive search, I could not find the exact car I wanted. I ended up compromising on the color. I wanted white, but ended up with dark graphite. In exchange I got pretty much everything else I wanted. My experience is that if you must have the m sport, finding exactly what you want will be extremely difficult.

Also, you sure you want black? I'll never do black again; swirl marks...
How's dark graphite? Cousin has a sport package dark graphite, haven't seen it in a while tho.

Also swirl marks can be reduced with hand washing and then after a while you would have to get it "restored" by a professional detailer.

Man, you can't beat a black F10 m sport, that has just been washed and waxed. Lookin freaking amazing. I'm so stuck on black tho. Can't see myself getting any other color.

#8 ·
Yeah, I'd get a used low mileage 2010 550i msport. You'll probably enjoy the handling better than any F10

#11 ·
Long story short. I crashed my e60 a few months ago. Totaled it.

Now trying to find a 2011-2012 F10 with the following
Navi
Cold weather package
Black ex and black interior
M sport package
Premium 1 and 2
Tech package (on 2012)

Then I will get the 2017 5 series

Problem is everytime I find the rare m sport, something's off. Ether too many miles, production date is in 2010, isn't color combo I want, ect

What should I do? I found one but the production date is 11.11.2010. When did they start fixing all the problems and complaints?

Any suggestions, I'm going nuts
Have you tried going to a good BMW dealer and checking out their CPO cars. Those carry extended warrantees and are supposed to be checked from top to bottom/front to back. They are a good place here to get a 2011 or 12 with low mileage. Remember that the 528i is a 6 for 2011 and 4 for 2012.Good luck.
AL:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.