BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dreams really do come true.

28K views 142 replies 27 participants last post by  -=Hot|Ice=- 
#1 ·
2013 BMW M3 Coupe, very well loaded. 6-8 week wait now begins. Current status is 112. Why is time passing so slowly!? :mad:

Pics to come when she comes in!

#2 ·
I just entered in my Production number into the tracker and it says my car is Space Gray, but my car is Le Mans Blue. Is that ok? Also, I have every package available, but I don't see the iPod integration. Is it standard?

#3 ·
You're fine! Congrats on the order... When I first looked up my car online it showed as an Alpine white 335. More than likely the dealer had a production slot and had a space gray car on order for general inventory. They gave you that slot though it will take a few days for your order particulars to show up. And don't worry about the iPod option, my car never showed all the options on my car but it was as ordered at delivery. To give yourself some piece of mind, you should have an order sheet with all the specs on your car. If it is there, you're good.

#5 ·
Thanks! Pics when she comes in, I promise! I don't see iPod adapter on my build sheet either and I have every package and almost every option available on the car. :(

Can you guys direct me to where I can get a license plate frame that hooks into the tow hook? I don't want holes drilled into the bumper. :D

#12 ·
Can you guys direct me to where I can get a license plate frame that hooks into the tow hook? I don't want holes drilled into the bumper. :D
When I was at Bimmerfest last month, a vendor had them for sale. I'll try and find the card for that vendor and pass it onto you.

Rob

PS-Where in Maryland are you? I'm near Laurel. Are you getting the car delivered to the dealer, PCD, or ED?

#8 ·
I'm going nuts!

Looking at the BMW website and the options/packages available, they don't even list iPod adapter/integration as an option anymore. Assuming you got Navigation and the Premium Sound, it must now just be standard equipment...
That's what I thought. :) Thanks!

#7 ·
Looking at the BMW website and the options/packages available, they don't even list iPod adapter/integration as an option anymore. Assuming you got Navigation and the Premium Sound, it must now just be standard equipment...

#9 ·
congrats, welcome to M3 waiting hell. this is followed by M3 purgatory, where you actually have the rig, but can't open it up until your break in period is over.

#11 ·
You do tend to go crazy waiting for the car to come in. :( My dealer had a truck in today and I could of sworn I saw it on there, even though it's been only two days I ordered it. LOL!

#18 ·
Ice,

Learn to enjoy the anticipation. It'll be new only once, same thing for the delivery!

Rob

#20 ·
#19 ·
Wow congratulations on the new car, now we wait patiently haha

#22 ·
#25 ·
Insurance question, if I add the car to my insurance, even though I don't have it, will I have to pay for the weeks I don't have possession of the car?

#26 ·
Erm, yes? Why would you add the car prior to picking it up/paying for it/completing the transaction at the dealer?

Are you doing PCD?

#30 ·
Congrats!! A week to build, and then hopefully just a few more weeks to cross the pond. The anticipation is killer.

#31 ·
Great color combo!

Hmmmm.....moonroof?

I did not have the luxury of ordering my car. After an extensive search and deft car trading by Passport, I found my car 100 miles away in Pennsylvania. At the time a CF roof was one on the "must have - no compromise" list. Well long story short...after almost a year driving my M3 with a moonroof - ironically, I don't think I would have it any other way. Aesthetically, I like the solid billet of metal look my car imparts. Generally, I find that the moonroof enhances my M3 driving experience. I especially savor late night drives in the mountains with the roof open - stars blazing - wind rushing - M3 purring!

I'm reminded of an ol' Stones' tune...

No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need

BTW what are the chances of encountering another E92 M3 with moonroof on Glen Road?

#32 · (Edited)
Great color combo!

Hmmmm.....moonroof?

I did not have the luxury of ordering my car. After an extensive search and deft car trading by Passport, I found my car 100 miles away in Pennsylvania. At the time a CF roof was one on the "must have - no compromise" list. Well long story short...after almost a year driving my M3 with a moonroof - ironically, I don't think I would have it any other way. Aesthetically, I like the solid billet of metal look my car imparts. Generally, I find that the moonroof enhances my M3 driving experience. I especially savor late night drives in the mountains with the roof open - stars blazing - wind rushing - M3 purring!

I'm reminded of an ol' Stones' tune...

No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need

BTW what are the chances of encountering another E92 M3 with moonroof on Glen Road?
I'm off of Piney Meetinghouse! The only M3 I've seen in the area is in the neighborhood across from mine, in Palatine. It's an AW M3 with LED angels. His car looks real good. I actually ordered mine with a moonroof because I like driving with some sort of ventilation at night on cool nights. It also helps when you just want to hear the V8 roar.

Congrats!! A week to build, and then hopefully just a few more weeks to cross the pond. The anticipation is killer.
That's what the recording told me on Monday. 4 more days and she'll be completed!

#37 ·
Dude that's awesome, I'm in to see pics

#47 ·
Congrats. Man that was quick. Mine was on a boat on the 19th (before your build date), and if you get your car next week you may get yours before me.

Hope they all come soon:thumbup: This wait is killing my and my wallet. The parts pile keeps getting bigger and bigger the more I wait.:eek:

#40 · (Edited)
I will be sure to flash my lights as a sign of congratulations as I pass Glen and Piney Meeting House. Nice to have another M3 in the area especially since M3s are so rare, and Porsches seem to be ubiquitous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.