BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How low to the ground are Z4s?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Z4luvr 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Look forward to the forum. Have owned a corvette for last 8 years but at age 70, my wife refuses to get into and out of it anymore. She drives an X3 now because of the ease of entry. I'm thinking about a new Z4 35i for myself. Her X3 dealership doesn't have any Z4's on the lot. Are they as low to the ground as the Vette or easier to enter?

#7 ·
The Z4 is pretty damn low, probably similar to the vette. If it has the M Sport package, the ride height is lowered 10 mm further.

#11 ·
The Z4 is very low to the ground and your wife will probably not like the gymnastics to enter or exit the Z4, just as bad.

However you will probably love the fit, finish and refinement as compared to the Vette. It's a totally different car, not nearly as powerful and sorry, but a true roadster.

Leo-RochesterMI
2010 30ixDrive Black/Black

#13 ·
The Z4 lies about as low as possible to avoid any possibility of flipping it. I like to set my seat as low as possible. At times, I feel like my butt is mere inches from the pavement. When I drive other cars, it feels like I am driving while strapped to the roof of the car in comparison.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.