BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What's a fair price?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AlpE39ine 
#1 ·
Looking for an e30, found two I really like:

91 325ic stick, 82k miles, some light scratches in the light blue paint nothing major 0 rust. Has a tear in a seam of the rear seats. $4,000 asking price.

90 325i stick, 125k miles, black paint is perfect 0 rust. $6,000 asking price.

As of now I'm more interested in the convertible because it's a year newer with lower miles and is less expensive.

Anyone have any thoughts? What I really want to know is, what is a fair price for these two cars if I go check them out and everything is in good working condition?

#3 ·
I agree with CMAC, in this market the price seems reasonable if the cars have zero rust, straight body panels, clean titles, and are stock or have easily reversible mods. Get a PPI so that you know what lurks beneath.

And to his point, the odo on E30s are really easy to roll-back. The cars should look like their miles.

I go with the '90 just because it has plastic bumpers vs the vert's metal diving boards. Is the '90 a coupe or a sedan?

#6 ·
The 1990 sold but I'm going to check out the convertible - from the pictures it looks pretty clean, and I mean, obviously they are pictures and the owner can be selective of what he shows. One seam is ripped in the back seat, no big deal, the rest of the interior is clean no rips/no cracked dash. I'll post what happens on Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.