BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 Hood liner & stickers

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  zzzz4 
#1 ·
Went to dealer to get hood adjusted. The claimed the car had been in collision because there was no hood liner or stickers on it. I have seen other threads in Bimmerfest that in 08 some did and some did not. But never had dealer issue. Similar problems?

#4 · (Edited)
There are a couple stickers on the underside of the hood near near the cowl/windshield wipers on the passenger side that document R-134a refrigerant charge quantity and maybe something about the emissions, too.

I would have to go check to be sure. Maybe someone else knows exactly what is there...

Definitely no liner though...

#5 ·
Thanks for responding.
I have checked with some body shops and got mixed responses.
Also, I called BMW Customer Service to find out. Get this, the Customer Service Rep checked by calling a BMW dealer that was local to him! He did not have access to any Manufacturer information!
I have an appt with another dealer on August 3, but is there a source of information that is reliable from BMW itself?

#7 ·
Result with Second Dealer

Second dealer knew there were no blankets/insulation in the hoods. Adjusted my hood as a warranty repair and washed the car to boot. Whole operation took 15 minutes.

Checked with some other Z4 owners. Seems like there were no hood blankets/insulation in most if not all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.