BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My first service trip...errors and leaking fluids

975 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  docpaulo 
#1 ·
I have had this car for around 4 months now, had my first instance for a service call. The wife and I went skiing for a week (Snowbird, it was an awesome trip), my first trip in the 6 upon our return resulted in an error on screen. A big warning flashed on the Idrive screen that my suspension and steering had a fluid error. Seems that they are on the same hydraulic system.

So the car says to stop for safety, but I felt nothing in the steering or handling that indicated a problem that severe. I thought maybe the battery was low and some of the systems were haywire so I took it home and put it on my automatic battery charger for several hours. Took it out after a the charge was complete, same error! Not only that but some of the cars lifeblood was on the garage floor so I had some type of fluid leak going on.

I took it into servce, what do you know it was two different issues. The steering/suspension fluid error was just low fluid. They topped it off. The leak was transmission fluid, turns out both issues manifested at the same time - what a coincidence. They had to replace the seals around the connectors into the transmission where the DME/DSC/DTC plug. So they fixed it under warranty. I am very glad that I chose a car still under factory warranty and that I have 2 years after that of CPO.

See less See more
#2 ·
glad it all went well... leaking fluids always spell trouble... at least it was not on your dime...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.