BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Found DVD changer

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lrcz4 
#1 ·
Purchased my wife's 2009 30i February of this year. Used with only 600 miles on the odometer.

Tonight I was installing a portable Garmin GPS. I opened the glove box and was feeling around for wiring slot possiblities. Hit a switch and to my surprise down came a DVD changer. We didn't even know this existed.

So now my question. Why would there be a DVD changer with no screen? We don't have I drive. Is there an option for dealer installed screen or NAV without I drive?

Very puzzling to us.

Thanks for your help.

LRC

#3 ·
Think you might be right there. It can be ordered as a seperate $600 option on 2011's.

What threw me was the logo on the front of the changer, DVD. Not many people play DVD audio disks. It just never caught on. I own maybe three of those type disks.

Of course, if it plays DVD's it should play CD's too.

Using a IPOD pretty much makes it a non use item. I was just shocked to stumble on it.

Since we bought the car used, we never received the correct owners manual. Instead they gave us the Z3 owners manual. We've used the web version for questions we had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.