BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F02 M Sport Package - is it wired for fogs?

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  haastx10 
#1 ·
does anyone know if the F02 M sport package (front bumper) is wired for fog lights?

#2 ·
Nope... No wires and the control module for the fogs lacks the correct pins. Also has to be recoded once that's corrected so car recognizes output. The euro switch with front and rear fog controls is however just plug & play.

I had mine custom installed...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Grille

Note functional dash indicators for front/rear fogs

Speedometer Car Vehicle Gauge Auto part

#3 ·
Nope... No wires and the control module for the fogs lacks the correct pins. Also has to be recoded once that's corrected so car recognizes output. The euro switch with front and rear fog controls is however just plug & play.

I had mine custom installed...

View attachment 376674

Note functional dash indicators for front/rear fogs

View attachment 376675
sent you a PM, can you outline what it took for you to do it? also is there mounts for the fogs because the front bumper doesnt seem to fit them.. or does it?

#4 · (Edited)
sent you a PM, can you outline what it took for you to do it? also is there mounts for the fogs because the front bumper doesnt seem to fit them.. or does it?
The module that feeds power to the driving lights and controls them is missing the appropriate pins which had to be added. Then the module had to be recoded to enable the fog light output. This can be done by a knowledgeable BMW mechanic as they have the coding ability since we have two different models of 7 in the US... M-Sport without and regular with fog lights. Then add the Euro headlight switch which also enables the rear fogs. From there you just wire in the lights. I used the following;

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/77A1332A476002.aspx

Product Auto part Technology Electronic device Automotive lighting

The mounts are perfect for the far edges of the bumper support. You will remove the bracket on the lights and flip it upside down to mount inverted.

Then you have to customize the grille covers for the lights. It's a bit of work but necessary if you want a clean instal and factory functionality...

One other thing... the HID bulbs that come with this kit are a bit blue ~ 8500K so I replaced them with 6000K HID's to match the other lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.