BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Too many electronannies?

4K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  iaguayo 
#1 ·
My car decides when the headlights should come on, it determines how often the windshield wipers wipe, it adjusts the volume of the stereo depending on my speed, if a wheel spins it applies the brakes, if I start to drift around a corner it applies the brakes, if I try to skid it lets off the brakes, it thinks it can regulate the temperature by adjusting the fan speed and it thinks it knows what size beverage containers I use and won't hold any others.

I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I hear you can even get a transmission that shifts the gears for you, automatically. :tsk:

The problem is I don't need my headlights to come on in my garage everytime, somtimes I want the wiper to go when I want, sometimes I want the music loud at the stoplight, sometimes I like to spin the tires and drift a little, in snow you have to spin the tires sometimes. Now and then I like to drink things in different sized containers.
And so on.

Yes, I know these things can all be adjusted or deleted as needed. But sometimes I get the feeling my car thinks it knows more than me. :dunno:

It doesn't even believe I could change a tire.

jummo

See less See more
#48 ·
Hello everybody, I have an 02' 325ci. I just had and amp and a sub install. Know my speed sensitive volume doesn't work. The setting is all the way up to 6. Does anybody know what could be the issue. Could the installers cut any wires etc. Can anybody help. Also my two door compenet speakers raddle so I need to replace them. Can anybody suggest some good quality, reasonable price speaker. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.