BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What now?

749 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ahull 
#1 ·
Ok so I just finished replacing the right rear hub assembly with trailing arm and in the process of taking it off I had to disconnect two wires one for the brake indicator and the other looked like for the abs or speed sensor.
When I got done I made sure everything was hooked up and ready to go so then I turned on the car and started driving, when I got up to about 5-10 mph a few lights came on the dashboard. ABS, DSC, BRAKE, and brake wear indicator all came on. Does anyone know what might of happen?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#7 ·
Well, so much for that idea, but it was worth a shot. I don't see your pad wear sensor illuminated though, but rather the TPMS light. Checking your tire pressure and recalibrating it should fix that one. As for the 'trifecta' I suggest cleaning the sensor and the area it slides into to see if that may cure the issue since a build up of dirt or metal filings will throw of the magnet in the sensor.

#8 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Check your owners manual since I know the instructions are there.....manuals are available in the WIKI....I don't have it on my 2002 so I am not sure off the top of my head. I do know the TPMS on the E90 is reset through the stalk on the steering column, but since I don't have it I do not know about the E46 procedure.

#11 ·
The other thing is i think the pressure senders can go bad and stop transmitting. Also, they take some time (i.e. 5 mins of driving) to reconnect to the system and report correct pressure. I also don't have this feature :dunno: but do on another car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.