BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

On Ship (Don Juan) due for delivery November 15th

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  DMonE621 
#1 ·
Is anyone on the ship Don Juan due into the New York/NJ port on the 15th? I am soo excited!!

Also, does anyone know how long it will take to ship to dealer in Central Jersey? 2-3 days?

#3 ·
The Don Juan left Halifax this afternoon, due in NJ on 11/15, with my wife's 550xi Msport ! We are sooooooo excited.
I expect to pick up our car on the 22nd !

What did you order?

#4 · (Edited)
Mine is on the same ship, my dealer is 25 miles west from the port, should be 2-3 days after arrival. You can track the ship on marinetraffic.com, it is due to dock in port of newark at around half past midnight (in 10 hrs since this post)...

#7 ·
Damn........ My office is at the tip of NYC and I was hoping to see the ship coming into port!
I wonder how long it takes to unload the ship.

#9 ·
It depends on a number of things.

1.) How busy the VPC is
2.) How many cars are in front of you at the VPC
3.) How many cars are going to that dealership.
4.) How many and what Performance parts(if any) they have to install.

It took my M3 a week before it went from the Baltimore VPC to my Dealership

#10 ·
The Don Juan left Halifax this afternoon, due in NJ on 11/15, with my wife's 550xi Msport ! We are sooooooo excited.
I expect to pick up our car on the 22nd !

What did you order?

I ordered a 335xi LL, Metallic Black on Saddle Brown interior, tech & premium package, heated seats, HK upgrade, 6MT:thumbup:

I know, I know, I forgot DHP but i figured that out about 3 weeks after I ordered it so not sure what I am going to do :thumbdwn:

#12 · (Edited)
Here's a couple of pics of our ship in port this morning taken from my office. Crappy P&S camera, but better than the iPhone! And the sat image just happens to of had the DJ or sister ship in port.

Attachments

#13 ·
I know, tell me about it. I test drove an Xi an the suspension seemed to have BMW feel. I'm sure it gets much better with DHP, but whatever, it's a lease so I will get a new one in 3 years.

Also, I just saw Don Juan docked at the port, but couldn't snap a good photo. So ampped up, I want to drive this BEAST!

#15 ·
Sounds like a nice ride, I hope you enjoy it!

We are going out of town for Thanksgiving so I guess we'll be picking up our 550 then. I really can't wait to drive this beast, I checked nearly every option. It should be pretty bad-ass !

#17 ·
Ship is leaving NY Harbor right now on the way to Baltimore!

#18 ·
So first of all, it didnt go right away to Baltimore, it went to Elizabeth first... Now it is out in the Ocean on the way to Baltimore.

Secondly, I got an email from my CA that there is delay in shipment, car re-directed to the port of Baltimore due to damages to NY's facility from Sandy. However, that conflicts to cargo tracking on the WW's website, which shows car was unloaded in NY on Nov 15th 8am... Dealer's computer shows ETA delivery to his shop on Nov 22nd.

Thirdly, I did see PMTG car carrier (covered) on rt 78 today coming from the direction of the port...

#24 ·
Interesting, but not unusual (I heard of this before). In the past I got a loaner or two which didnt have NAVI working for that exact reason. I also found a piece of paper in the glove compartment with the NAVI's code.

#27 ·
Got my F30 last week, and love it soo far! It's a beast and the engine has a nice growl to it!!! One comment, if I were able to reorder it again, I would get DHP. I admit, the ride is a bit soft, but it still handles like its on rails, and i'm still very impressed with it. The tech package is a must, and the HUD will change your life if you've never had one. One thing to be cautious of with the tech package is that you need a iPhone carrier to snap into your center console. Even though the tech package makes your car "smartphone ready" you still aren't able to send or receive messages without the carrier, and it is a $250 part (I'm kinda pissed about this).

O yea, and I smoked a CTS Coupe the first night, so notch one up for the good guys!!!

Let me know how you guys made out with your cars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.