BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear Vent

889 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  attack eagle 
#1 ·
OK, I've read many, many posts about the heater controls on the E34s - but I cannot seem to find an answer to this (maybe I just missed it?)

I know about the little wheel in the middle of the dash that controls the upper vents in the front of the car - in fact - I can get hot air out of ALL the vents in the car except the upper vent in the back seat. It's the one on the center consol that blows air right in the knees of anyone sitting in the middle (currently the 2-year-old in his car seat). This vent ONLY blows cold air, no matter what I do with the controls in the front. That's a real porblem in the winter - so I colsed the vent, but it would be great to get hot air out of it when it's zero outside! Am I not seeing yet another separate control for that vent hiding somwhere?

Thanks

#7 ·
Turn the 'wheel' to "OFF" so NO air comes out of the rear vent. The front vents usually give enough heat if adjusted correctly! I.e. upper dash blowing up & over your head, under dash fan blowing through to the rear (naturally) via under the seats. Never been a problem to me or my passangers! Front or rear.

#8 ·
Well, yeah - it's not a problem. But, really, how hard would it have been to tie that vent to something? Does it blow air conditioned air in the summer? Or does it just blow air from outside? If it just pulls in outside air it really is a useless vent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.