BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does the BMW dealer?

3K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  cwinter 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if the BMW dealer can switch from my triptronic to manual transmission ?? Iv got warrenty (if that's help) ...I have an 2012 BMW 328i coupe I have warrenty intell 2015

#2 ·
Yes of course the warranty will cover that.

#4 ·
the f*ck??

#6 ·
Obviously a troll. I would think for a Friday night she could have come up with something better.

#5 ·
Cause I'm tired of using automatic ....lets say if the transmission get damage and I send it to BMW dealer and I ask them "instead of putting an automatic transmission, if they can instal an manual transmission instead" ?? (I'm just saying )

#7 ·
You should get the DCT.:thumbup::thumbup:

Oh wait, maybe they will retrofit a PDK for you.

#9 ·
110%.

Go get em!:thumbup:

#11 ·
They have to retrofit the DCT before they can install the Manual. Read the TIS.

#18 ·
They will make you pass a GED before they retrofit the DCT.

#24 ·
I think there's a coding project for this. You will need to clip in an extra pedal but there's a kit from Tischer-Price.

#26 ·
I think there's a coding project for this. You will need to clip in an extra pedal but there's a kit from Tischer-Price.
:bustingup :beerchug:

#27 ·
Yes but you have to retrofit the M engine too. The dealer should be able to install a package for you.

#30 ·
Since the Steptronic is a six speed and the DCT is a 7 speed the warranty Steptronic to DCT transmission swap only covers the first six gears and you will be charged extra for 7th gear.

CA

#32 ·
Might as well have them do an S65 swap to fully enjoy that shiny new DCT. Best way to do this is:

1. Drain all oil from existing engine.
2. Drive to dealership.

You may want to preorder a flatbed.

#35 ·
: popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.