BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need help please on E90 330xi

3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  181562 
#1 ·
Hi, I saw 2006 330xi for sale with 61,000 miles on it. It have fully load and it look like brand new.

It have been wrecked and inurance total it. I know it will have salvage title but I will keep that bmw for long time. There is no airbag blow out. Only I see damage is hood, both head light, bumper (bumper in right place and not off the car), radaitor support, radaitor, and windsheild. I wonder what kind parts does this e90 330xi have on between on radaitor support to engine.

I would like see pics what parts I need to replace for bmw with parts number please?

I know this is ugly gammar but try be nice with me. Thank you

#2 ·
Pay a tow truck to round trip the car to a auto body shop they will give you an estimate. The will give you a print out of all the part numbers on it for parts needed. Then ask them how much it would be if you provided the parts to fix it.

#3 ·
Hi, I saw 2006 330xi for sale with 61,000 miles on it. It have fully load and it look like brand new.

It have been wrecked and inurance total it. I know it will have salvage title but I will keep that bmw for long time. There is no airbag blow out. Only I see damage is hood, both head light, bumper (bumper in right place and not off the car), radaitor support, radaitor, and windsheild. I wonder what kind parts does this e90 330xi have on between on radaitor support to engine.

I would like see pics what parts I need to replace for bmw with parts number please?

IMO I would recommend passing on this car. Unless you're in the business to repair such a vehicle, and it sounds like you're not, it's my opinion you'll spend more trying to fix it than to buy one that doesn't need repair.

#5 ·

If that could be done without viewing the vehicle, I'm guessing the insurance estimating profession would be a very different experience.

To test my theory, take your proposed ride to an estimator, or qualified mechanic, and ask if what you want can be done by asking a question in an Internet forum. After they recover from your hilarious proposition, you can ask to do it the Old Fashioned Way.

Emoticon Yellow Black Facial expression Smiley

#14 ·
The answer is: It depends. It depends on how much you'd pay for the car, how much a replacement engine would cost, etc.

IMO unless you do something like this for a living it's almost always better to buy a completely functional car that does not require significant repair. It almost always costs more to repair than to just buy a working vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.