BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

fresh owner

309 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  phaelax 
#1 ·
Bought my first bmw, '06 325i. I had actually considered a lexus es330, but it was sold before I got to the dealership. Read some reviews of people stating to get the 330 over the 325, a lot more power they said. This felt plenty quick to me for only 215hp and I just needed something with decent gas mileage to get to work. When I'm in the mood for speed I'll drive my old Duster. Was a jaguar guy for a long time, still have my s-type R but it's currently stationary until I get a coolant issue fixed.

BMW's reliability ratings have me a little concerned, but I bought it anyway. It's been 7 days and a window regulator already broke, not off to a good start. The jag usually made it 20k miles between repairs (which is still horrible).

So far though, I do like the car. Nice interior, comfortable seats (two things I'm quite picky about), it handles nice. Steering feels a little heavier than expected. Not sure how I feel about them ditching the spare tire, I might buy one anyway just in case. I'm actually quite surprised a car like this doesn't have electronic seats. It should be standard. I'm still making up my mind if I like this auto transmission or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.