BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wheel offset

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ponchoz4 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 z4 and I would like to know what the widest offset I can go with without fender interference? I think the wheels on them now are 47 mm offset and I can by wheels that are 37mm offset which if I understand correctly the lower the offset the further out the wheel will stick. Anybody have any thoughts?

#2 ·
You are correct. As the offset goes down the wheel moves farther out. You can go down 10 mm no issue with no width change. You could likely go an inch wider on the wheels with a 10mm offset reduction and still have no issues if you pick the right tire size.

#5 ·
Also know that as the wheel width changes, the offset changes too. Tire Rack has a good article on this.

8.5ET38 front and 9.5ET35 rear work well with a non-M Z4.
Hey Pokey, your link takes me to the Tire Rack main page. Here is the
Wheel Offset page you're looking for.

#4 ·
Hello and help

Hello guys I don't have much experience on rims...I'm on the process to get new rims tomorrow Saturday 16 is any way can I have any help..

My car is a z4 2003 2.5i

Friend of mine selling bbs this is the size: front: 215-45-19.....8.5 front....et45
Rear: 245-45-19.....9.5 rear......et45

I don't have any idea if set of rims and wheels gonna work on my z4...

I don't want any rubbing issues

I really appreciate your help, hopefully I can get any answer today..

#7 ·
Hello guys I don't have much experience on rims...I'm on the process to get new rims tomorrow Saturday 16 is any way can I have any help..

My car is a z4 2003 2.5i

Friend of mine selling bbs this is the size: front: 215-45-19.....8.5 front....et45
Rear: 245-45-19.....9.5 rear......et45

I don't have any idea if set of rims and wheels gonna work on my z4...

I don't want any rubbing issues

I really appreciate your help, hopefully I can get any answer today..
These are not the right tire sizes for the wheels they are mounted on. They're too narrow so they will look stretched. You need 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 to stay with OEM diameters on 19" wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.