BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dealer "Can't seem to find" a local ad running on for a 328xi

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Orient330iNYC 
#1 ·
There is an ad running on TV locally for a lease on a 328xi that states the following:

2008 328xi
Premium Package
Cold Weather
Automatic Tran

$2,500 Down, 10k Year
$429/mo for 36mo

I've brought this information to my sales rep and he "can't seem to find" the offer and keeps quoting me something in the mid $500's (with no down). After pointing out a few more times he still can't find the ad but has gone down to $460/mo taking the down payment into account. That's sounds more like it but still way off from the ad. I can tell when an ad is a national ad or a local ad and this is definitely a local ad because it seems very low budget and, of course, lists the local dealership info.

Am I missing something here? Is that ad just reflecting a national ad that they are jacking up the price on and he's conveniently unable to find it? He sold me my current X3 and he's a nice enough guy but always seems uninterested. I've tried the next closest dealership but they are about 90miles away and had higher prices to begin with.

Any advice here? Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you sure about the details of the ad? It's certainly not the national ad, which is found here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...OfferDetail.aspx?enc=NYGQuH08LNFYCIOf9gYQKA==

However, be aware that the national ads always include a $2500 cap reduction, which in the real world means a total drive-off of +/- $3300.

Also, national ads never include sales tax or any DMV/licensing/local fees.

As you've already noted, the ad is for a specific (lightly equipped) vehicle, with the minimum mileage allowed.

The national ad is a good place to start but it can be a little misleading if you don't see what they've done to arrive at that number.

#3 ·
Well the ad ran again last night and I puased it no the Tivo to make sure I got all the details correct and that's what it stated. The only thing I can think of that would make a difference is the paint not being specified as metailc but how much can that add? But as for the ad I'm 100% certain that's what it stated. I had someone where with me to verify also and I was even about to take a photos of the TV just to show him. I'm assuming the national ad is for a bare-bones equiped 328xi and by adding the options listed in the local ad it would be more than $429/mo which is why I'm upset that they can't seem to find the details on that ad.

#6 ·
with a 1500 discount off of MSRP, 36 month, 30K mile lease, assuming buy rate on the MF, all fees paid up front including tax, and 2500 down i get payment of 392 a month

due up front would be tax, downpayment, LAD, DMV fees, etc

i would recommend doing your homework on this. start with the various threads in this forum.

work on vehicle price, then work on the lease terms.

#9 ·
I swear I need to figure out a way to get a screenshot of the ad because I saw it again on TV last night and it still doens't match up to what the dealer has told me. So the sales-rep came back with more figures, this time a little better, but he said the $2,500 did not include first months payment, and security deposit so it would be about $3,300+ cue on signing. Well...the ad (which I paused again on the Tivo) stated the $2,500 INCLUDED the first payment AND deposit. In other words $2,500 due on signing.

Thank God for e-mail because I couldn't imagine going back and forth tot he dealer to argue about this.

#10 ·
actually, i forgot an option... and didnt include the 1500 trunk money for a car on the lot.

with an MSRP of 40925, selling price of 39425 (1500 off MSRP), buy rate on the MF (0.00175), 10K miles a year, 2500 cap cost reduction i get 408 a month not including tax, LAF and other fees paid up front.

Same terms, but applying the 1500, i get 364 a month

i would look into MSDs by giving BMWFS 8 security deposits instead of the normal 1, they reduce the MF (interest rate) by almost 1% apr. a downpayment is bad in that if you total the car out early in the lease, you lose all that money. the security deposits are returned at the end of the lease.

with the trunk money and MSDs:
with an MSRP of 40925, selling price of 39425 (1500 off MSRP), application of the trunk money, buy rate on the MF and MSD redution (0.00126), 10K miles a year, i get 406 a month not including tax, LAF and other fees paid up front. you would need to put 3600 down in security deposits, but would get them back at the end of the lease.

#12 ·
actually, i forgot an option... and didnt include the 1500 trunk money for a car on the lot.

with an MSRP of 40925, selling price of 39425 (1500 off MSRP), buy rate on the MF (0.00175), 10K miles a year, 2500 cap cost reduction i get 408 a month not including tax, LAF and other fees paid up front.

Same terms, but applying the 1500, i get 364 a month

i would look into MSDs by giving BMWFS 8 security deposits instead of the normal 1, they reduce the MF (interest rate) by almost 1% apr. a downpayment is bad in that if you total the car out early in the lease, you lose all that money. the security deposits are returned at the end of the lease.

with the trunk money and MSDs:
with an MSRP of 40925, selling price of 39425 (1500 off MSRP), application of the trunk money, buy rate on the MF and MSD redution (0.00126), 10K miles a year, i get 406 a month not including tax, LAF and other fees paid up front. you would need to put 3600 down in security deposits, but would get them back at the end of the lease.
Where are you getting your $1,500.00 from for a 328xi sedan?

#14 ·
d'oh!

yeah, i'll need to redo the numbers. forgot the sedans were not part of the incentive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.